My New (temporary) Home

My brother's house was a pretty sweet deal. Sitting in the pretty Suburb of Winchester, it sprawled over a couple thousand square feet, double garage, five bedrooms and a modest swimming pool out back. I loved being here. Since the last visit, which was around 18 months ago, he'd had the whole place redecorated, with a really cool contemporary twist to it. Naturally the guest room, which I called my room, was left untouched. He normally let me do whatever I wished. Which wasn't really anything now. I mean, I'm 29, not 9, I don't exactly want my room pink, or have the walls covered in posters of boy bands. Although Backstreet Boys still got it...

Anyway, I guess I have to explain why I'm here this time. Yeah, of course to visit my brother. He'd been living over here for about 5 years now, and I missed him like hell. But this trip wasn't all about having family time. I was actually here to take a look at where he works. 

I was as far up the career ladder as I could go in my current job back home, and I wanted more. Bigger and better. So, my brother called me up and suggested I came over to see him and have some talks on perhaps making a leap across the pond to potentially work for him. If it felt right for the both of us. It kinda seemed like a no-brainer, I mean, he ran his own company, I knew what he did like the back of my hand and I knew how he liked his business run. I was at best a Lab rat, developing all kinds of Pharmaceuticals for a huge company in England, of which my brother used to work, but he decided to take the leap to the US and branch off and create his own success. I envied him from day one. I'd never had the opportunity to work overseas. But right now could be it. Finally the right place at the right time. Fingers crossed...

So here I was, planning a whole month over here, with a completely different outlook on what I wanted to get out of this trip. Don't get me wrong, I was indeed going to explore and do some fun things, or I hoped so. But I was looking through fresh eyes, on possibly having this be my home. And it would be for the next four weeks.