Girl Talk

"Well I seriously didn't see that coming" Olivia gasped after I filled her in on my eventful night. "tell me about it. You could have pushed me over with a feather when I saw him standing there on the field looking back at me" I sighed, layed on my bed staring at the ceiling. I was home alone, my brother text me as I was on my way home to say he was having a few drinks with his friends before heading home. I was glad because I could have a talk to Olivia without him hearing anything I said. "I understand why he didn't tell you though" she said, making me roll my eyes. "But can you see why I feel like a total idiot for not knowing who he was? I knew he was acting up when we were out together, and any interaction we had with other people makes sense now. Like that guy in the aquarium shaking his hand and all that. Why didn't he just fucking tell me!" I exclaimed. I was more frustrated then upset at the minute. "Well if everyone he meets or dates know who he is, I imagine its refreshing to be able to just be him and have no expectations of him from his date" she said, she had a point there. "I mean, girl, you're dating one of the NFL's hottest guys!" she squealed. My stomach churned at that. "AND he's best friends with Danny!" she squealed, I laughed, knowing this was her crush. The famous Amendola she first told me about when we met. "But seriously girl, you're next in line after Adriana Lima!" she giggled. "err, what!?" I asked, thinking I'd miss heard her. "yeah, he dated her for a little while. Before that it was another frickin supermodel." she sighed, waffling on with an account of apparently every girl he's dated. I decided to shut her out and my own poisonous thoughts filled my brain.

How the hell can he want me? I'm certainly no Victoria's Secret model. Far fucking from it. I'm a plain English girl with a thirst for books and documentaires, not flying a jet set lifestyle. I suddenly felt embarrassed. What was he playing at? Was he just playing me?

"oh my god! He kissed me when he was warming up. He told me my picture would have been taken. Oh god NO! millions of people will see that!" I cried down the phone, suddenly a wave of nausea hit me. "oh behave girl, you talk like you have three eyes or something" Olivia scoffed. "He clearly is proud to be seen with you, or he wouldn't do that. So don't even waste your time in worrying about what people think." she was wasting her breath. That was it. I'd already signed my death sentence where the fan girls existed, not to mention the savage media and whatever the hell they would compare me to.

"it's not how I expect it to play out. Or leave it before I go home" I sighed. "I know it's not, and I doubt it's how he planned on it unfolding." she said, "but you have to get it sorted out with him. At least before you leave. You can't just run away"

That was probably the most comforting idea. Running away from it and not having to read the articles of comments about us whilst I hid away at home. But I did feel shit about the whole thing, don't get it twisted. It's not like he had actually done anything wrong, it was my insecurities that were the issue here. Not to mention the fact that I was leaving in two days. Maybe it was best to forget it ever happened, I mean, it's not like we even kissed really. He was too much of a gentlemen. Or maybe he didn't really fancy me? I had so many doubts now. I mean, how could he after dating the models he had?