Missing Friends; Loving Family

"do you really need to buy a place when you finally move here? You practically live with Julian already" Olivia smirked at me. I'd just sat down at a table in our usual lunch spot. "I might have to if Nick moves Allie in before I get over here" I widened my eyes at her. "no way! This soon?!" she gasped, I shrugged, "they seem to have gotten cosy very quickly, he's at her parents for Christmas" I said, "erm, you're going to Julian's mom's..." she smirked. I paused a moment and just stared at her. "that's coz I don't have anywhere else to go" I replied, quickly taking a sip of my water. Olivia snorted at me. "well you decided to fly to the other side of the country to be with your family" I playfully rolled my eyes at my phone, Olivia laughed at me. Maybe I should mention I was face timing her right now. "besides, that's different"
"how?"
".... It just is" I answered, not really having an excuse. She smirked at me again. "whatever..." she teased, making me finally laugh. "anyway, what's the plan for you today? You're at the game later right?" I nodded, "yeah, and I've allowed him to give me a ticket too" I smiled, feeling myself blush. "woo! A players ticket! Finally!" she hollered, making me laugh and cover my face. Ya see, apart from the time I met him there when I realised who he was, I've always sat with my brother and Olivia. I enjoyed that, instead of taking his allocated ticket for family and friends. He knew I was still a little anxious of us being out in public together, and the few times we had been, no one seemed to have spotted us, so I was glad of that at least. I was guessing after tonight's game, there would be some more talk of me, instead of the 'mystery woman' they seemed to like to call me in the tabloids.

"yeah, he was so excited when I said I'd take his ticket" I laughed, thinking back to the smile on his face when I told him. "he's given me one for Nick too" I added. "aww, I bet he is, I don't think for a second he ever thought he'd see you again after he left the UK" she said. Indeed it was true. "he'll get an even bigger shock when I tell him I've got the green light to move here" I smirked. "and I can't wait to see his reaction... " Olivia beamed a smile. I placed my glass down on the table a little harder than intended, but her saying that surprised me. "what?!" I gasped, hoping I heard her correctly. She laughed at me, "I'm gonna be back for New Year's" if I'd have been alone I'd have squealed in delight. "Yey!" I whispered excitedly in the busy cafe I was sitting in. Olivia laughed at me, "when do you come home? Ooh that means you're coming to the party right?!" I gasped, not letting her answer my first question. She nodded, "sure, I mean I guess I can make room in my schedule to spare a few minutes to see you" she smirked. I snorted, "and that's nothing to do with the fact the second hottest wide reciever in the NFL will be there too?" I raised a brow. Olivia frowned, "Why would Julian make me want to be there?" she teased, making me snort again, knowing she knew damn well who I meant. Obviously to her Danny was hotter. And damn right too, J wasn't for sharing...

......

So another hour later, and I was on my way back to my brothers house. We decided to have a few hours together this afternoon, exchange gifts and have some dinner together before we headed out to the Gillette for the Christmas Eve face off. This I decided could be another Christmas tradition of mine in my new life here.

"no way! As if you got me a new Mac!" I gasped, unwrapping the latest MacBook. I loved my gadgets, it kinda came hand in hand with my nerdy nature. Nick just grinned at me excitedly as I couldn't hold back the urgency to open it up. I carefully pulled it out of the box and marvelled at its simplistic design. "you've had it engraved?!" I gasped again, looking from the mac to him and back again. He nodded, trying to stifle a laugh. In a pretty font, he had my favourite quote scrolled across the top of the lid:

'Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time'

"thank you so much" I sighed, giving my brother a hug. "you're welcome" he chucked, "this way you've no reason to not answer my emails when you're travelling, get your work done or Skype me or Julian when you want" he added the last bit with a smile. I laughed, yet still not taking my eyes off my little piece of kit. I couldn't wait to fire her up, but I'd wait until I was back here again whenever that would be after the holidays.

"you better have mine too" I laughed, carefully passing my brother his gift. He snatched it up, literally like a kid at Christmas, ripping off the bow and paper like a maniac. I never knew why I bothered wrapping my brothers gifts with as much care as I did, because he never appeared to notice.  "Holy shit!" he laughed in surprise, opening the box, seeing an annual pass to the ski village he'd visited with his friends. He'd kept waffling on about it, but how crazy expensive it was and I knew he'd never get himself membership. "seriously you got me a membership?!" he laughed again looking at me with the biggest smile. "you'll still have all the gear, and no idea" I laughed, "but at least you can use all your ski stuff instead of it gathering dust in the garage!" I laughed earning an eye roll from him. "thank you sis" he genuinely smiled. "love you" I said, giving him another hug. "now, shall we get some hearty food in our bellies before we go watch that squirrel of yours, running his nuts off?"

*******

Hey guys, just a quick question, would you like some more chapters to be in Julian's POV?

Comments on the story or requests/ideas are always welcome!