Go Home J

"What the actual fuck was that?!" I went off at Jake when he came over to Oliva and a hysterical me. "he fucking came at me when I offered to buy him a drink" He huffed, pulling at his shirt and feeling his neck. "the dude is a fucking nut job" he said, looking round at the door. Trouble was, I didn't believe it. J was a hot head, I knew that, but to just go off at Jake for no reason? No way. "I need to go out there" I said, more to Olivia than him. "no you won't." Jake snapped. I looked at him with a raised brow. "why not?" I asked him, getting more angry by the second. "He's drunk, he's acting like a total psycho, you're not safe around him." he said, looking angry at me. "babe, he's a loose canon" 

"like hell I'm not safe around him" I scoffed at him, "will you be okay?" I asked O, she looked more shook up than I did now. She nodded and I glanced up at Jimmy who had opted to stay with us whilst it had all happened. "I'll be with her" he said, making me smile. "I'll send Danny in as soon as I can" I said, she nodded and squeezed my hand. I couldn't believe that had actally happened. And it was all my fault. 

...........

When I got outside the guys were nowhere to be seen. Figured with the publicity of it being a club opening they wouldn't want any unwanted media attention, so I had a little walk further down the street where I could hear raised voices. I took a couple of deep breaths as I came closer and closer to Gronk, Tom, Danny and Julian. Rob and Danny were almost standing guard, while Tom looked like he was trying to get something into J's thick drunken head. I think we all knew he was wasting his breath, but he had to try. But as soon as he heard the sound of my heels on the pavement, his head darted up, looking immediately passed Tom and right at me. 

Tom turned around and saw me. His face a mix of anger, despair and frustration. He turned back and said something brief in Julian's ear and then came walking over to me as I hung back a little. I wasn't sure if my presence was even wanted around here. "Perhaps you can talk some sense into him" Tom said to me, I shrugged feeling more useless then they probably did. "are you okay?" Tom asked softly. "yeah...thank you. I just wanted to make sure he was" I said, looking passed him to Julian who was leant against a tree, staring down into the gutter. "go and talk to him." Tom told me, clutching my hand. "if you need anything, call me" he said and then motioned for the other two to follow him. 

Gronk and Danny gave me a sad smile as they passed, I told Danny Olivia was a little upset and he said he'd go straight to her. So with that, I made my way over to the idiot swaying, trying to leaning against the tree.

.......

He didn't move as I got closer to him. "J?" I almost whispered. He still didn't move. I could feel my heart wrenching up out my throat seeing him like this. I moved closer, so I was standing right in front of him, on the road, looking up at him on the side walk. His eyes were glassy and his cheeks red. I wasn't sure if that was through crying or liquor or both. He raised his eyes to look into mine and I wanted to burst into tears. 

"oh...J...." I sighed again, breathlessly as I raised my hand up, cupping his stubbled cheek. He leaned his head against my palm and held my gaze. "I didn't say anything" His voice cracked. "I know, I know" I whispered. I just knew he wouldn't have gone to start it. He just would retaliate. It was his nature. "He was fucking goading me, he wanted me to hit him. So you'd always stay away from me" he said, looking down to the floor again. It was hard to hear someone could be so nasty and jealous. "but has it worked?" I asked, not helping the light smile that I gave him. His eyes flashed back up to mine and he smirked a little. "I guess not" he replied. I lightly giggled and dropped my hand from his face. 

"PENNY" a yell interrupted us. "is this dick for real?" Julian exclaimed as we turned to see Jake standing a few feet away from us. "shh" I looked round at Julian. I wanted to laugh but now really wasn't the time. "why the fuck are you out here with him?!" Jake yelled angrily as he marched over to us. "Don't fuckin talk to her like that" Julian began to move from behind me, suddenly angry and more animated. "J!" I snapped, grabbing at his arm. "Jake, go back inside, I'll be in there in a minute" I said glowering at him. He huffed and flashed another glare at Julian before turning back and heading inside.

I turn back to Julian and he was looking at me with a confused expression and swaying slightly from the alcohol. I couldn't help but giggle at him, which made him smile at me even more. "what?" he asked, "get your ass in a cab and go home" I said. he sighed. "is Nicki still here?" I asked. "yeah" he replied, still just looking at me. "i'll call her and tell her to expect you home." I tell him, flagging down a passing taxi cab. I open the door and turn back to him, practically pushing him into the car. "go home J" I giggled. I told the driver his address and then I looked back to him as he still watched me. "night" I said and closed the door and the cab drove away. I took another deep breath as I noticed my heart racing again. Then I turned back to go and deal with whatever was going on in the club. 

JULIAN'S POV

I didn't care I was gonna be in deep shit with coach. I didn't care that that asshole had tried to antagonize me. I talked to her. She smiled. She called me J.