Feeling the Love

Just a quick little chapter for you guys while I'm at work. Enjoy!

To say that I was feeling loved right now would be an understatement. I had shared my last night in Boston with 5 people who were sad to see me leave, but happy that I was soon to be back. Permanently. The night was filled with laughs, good food and plenty of I'll miss you's. But the latter was definitely more from Julian. 

"where are we going?" I asked him as we took a turn off the main road back to his house. "we're just having a little detour" he said, not taking his eyes off the road, or his hand off of mine as it sat on his thigh. I chose not to ask anything else, and sat back against the soft leather seat and let him drive off to wherever he was taking me. 

.............

We pulled up down a street that was peacefully quiet. "where are we?" I asked, climbing out of the car. He never answered me, but instead pulled his jacket around himself for warmth and took my hand. "I just thought we could catch a few minutes together in the city before we headed home." he answered, leading me down the sidewalk.

After a few minutes walk, we were met by a sight I hadn't seen yet. "it's so pretty round here" I whispered, feeling like I had to stay quiet as not to spoil the beauty of my surroundings. "I know, we're in the Public Gardens. I realised I'd never brought you here on our little tour of the city." he responded, guiding me into the snow covered park. It was still adorned with Christmas lights and decorations and it had me falling in love with Boston all over again.

"I can't believe I'm going to be saying goodbye to you all over again tomorrow" I sighed out a small laugh as I sat on his lap on a bench overlooking the lake. "I know, it's crazy how many times we have to do this, but thank God it's the last time" he replied, holding me close. I nodded, resting back against him. "y'know, I was thinking at dinner..." he started, swallowing a little nervously, "how about, like um..." I frowned as I listened to him become nervous. since when was Julian Edelman nervous? "if you like, you could have this?" I lifted my head from his chest and looked round at him. He had such an uncharacteristic jittery look in his eye, but when I looked to his outstretched palm, there sat a shiny silver key. My eyes flicked to his face, my silence making him worse. "y'know, so, maybe like, if you get off from work, y-you could maybe come over to my place, o-or maybe stay over a little more and head to work from there?" he stammered adorably. The corner of my mouth lifted up into a smile, "really?" I asked, quite surprised that he would suggest this. He nodded, "I know that you already have your room at your brothers and it is easier for you to live there while you find a place, but I just wanted to let you know you have me too" he explained, shuffling the key in his hand, holding it out to me still. I looked down at it, my smile getting bigger, and I lifted my hand, gently taking it from him. "I love you Julian Edelman" I whispered against his lips as I pressed a kiss against them. He let out a relieved sigh and kissed me back. 

"you know I've never done that right?" he asked as we resumed our cuddling. Me holding tight onto that key.... "what's that?"

"letting someone have a key to my place" he told me, as we stared out across the water. I'd not even thought about that, but I wasn't so sure that it was a surprise to me. "oh, okay..." 

"okay?" he laughed, "that's your response?" he chuckled, "well, what did you want me to say?" I grinned back, "I dunno, maybe you're glad that you're the first?" he smiled, "well I am" I giggled, turning to look up at him. He looked a little sheepish. "J, I am, I promise" I said earnestly, placing my hand against his cheek softly. "It's a huge thing for both of us, especially when we haven't actually been together for that long." I added, "I know you trust me enough to do this, and I guess for you to just trust a nobody like me, it's a huge compliment" I confessed, feeling my gaze fall from his. He immediately lifted my chin up for me to look back at him and he looked mad. "babe, why the hell do you call yourself a nobody?" he sighed angrily. I shrugged and shifted my gaze a little, "I just mean that we're polar opposites, you're some famous guy with the nice cars and the hectic lifestyle and I'm just me." I shrugged. "exactly." he replied, "you're just you. That's all I'll ever want you to be." He whispered, kissing my forehead. "now, shall we get back home? My ass is beginning to freeze on this bench"