Flying Solo?

Double update Friday!

For the next week I found myself ploughing into work like never before. The night that I had last seen Julian was 2 weeks ago now, and it still was replaying in my mind like it happened last night. I couldn't forgive myself for letting him go like that without me saying something to him. But the longer I left it, the worse it would be to call him or something. Besides, that probably wasn't the best move. It would give him ideas and that wouldn't be fair to mess with his head. We needed a clean break. Right?

Speaking of which, my -whatever it is- with Jake was a little cool now too. I mean, I'd only been seeing him for a week or so, been on a couple of dates. We spoke almost every day, but I just wasn't totally feeling it. I mean, at first I was, he seemed lovely, and I guess that hadn't changed, but since my moving in party, and him finding out about who my ex was, he's been really insecure. I totally get it, Lord knows I was unbearably insecure about J's exes, but Jake would ask me something, and then something else and before you know it, I was having an hour long conversation about someone I was desperately trying to forget. 

Anyway, tonight Danny had invited me to some launch party of a new club. He'd been given a few tickets and offered to take me and O with him. I felt totally not cool with third wheeling but they both wanted me to go. Olivia told me I needed a Jake free night and hanging out with my favourite couple was never a bad thing. So I agreed to it. I just needed an outfit to wear and I was ready.

......

"so you're flying solo tonight then?" my brother asked over lunch. I nodded, "you sound surprised?"
"no not really, I just thought I'd not seen Jake around lately" Nick shrugged. I shrugged and swallowed my wrap, "he just pissed me off with the whole possessive, needy thing" I told him. He knew about how Jake's been, and agreed that he needed to forget who my ex was. I mean, he was fine before he knew it was him. But as soon as he found out, it was as though he needed to 'prove himself' or whatever. Men

"I'm looking forward to a drama free night of just having drinks with friends"
"famous last words..."
"that's what worries me" I cringed. Nick laughed. "so what about you? I've not seen you all week, apart from meetings. What are you and Ally doing this weekend?" I asked, making Nick smile, "I'm gonna ask her to move in with me" he said, making me instantly squeal. "ohmygod!" I launched across the table and hugged him. "that's huge!" I beamed a smile aster I let him go. He coughed to clear his throat, I took him by surprise there and I think he almost choked on his sandwich. "thanks" he coughed again. "just hope she says yes" he chicked nervously, making me smile more. Nick stopped chewing and narrowed his eyes at me. "what are you not telling me?" he almost accused me. I gasped and shook my head innocently. "nothing at all big brother" I smiled angelcially. She was so gonna say yes.

..........

soo, now we're going to fast forward to tonight, and me arriving at the venue of this new club on Danny's arm. His girlfriend on the other..."this is soo bloody weird" I said through a fake smile as we posed for photos. Danny laughed as me, knowing I hated this  right now. "I'm friggin' third wheeling on the red carpet" I added, making him laugh more. "shut up Dola" I said, slyly jabbing him in the rib. "ow!" he winced, making me genuinely smile. "you guys" Olivia whispered, glancing at us. I sniggered as we were ruining her moment. Any time that girl was in front of the camera she looked flawless. So did Danny for that matter. "well on that note, I'm gonna leave you guys to it...I'll see you inside" I grinned, stepping to one side and making my way down to the entrance before Olivia could object. Deciding to hang out inside the club whilst I waited for them. It was packed already and we'd got here right on time. I saw a couple of faces that looked familiar but I wasn't entirely sure why. I shrugged it off and carried on waiting at the bar for some drinks. 

......

"Hey, do you know that guy over there?" Olivia asked me, as we danced on the edge of the dance floor. I looked over to where she was looking and saw the guy from before, looking over at us. I frowned, "I saw him earlier and thought I did, but you recognise him too?" I asked, making her nod her head. "I can't place him though... maybe Danny know's who he is" I shrugged, Olivia nodded, so we moved off the floor and over to where we'd left Dola, talking to some Pats fan (who Danny looked terrified of) which amused us. 

He looked relived when he spotted us both heading towards him. He made some excuses to his little fan and side stepped away from him over to us. "having fun with your groupie there Danny boy?" 

"bite me" He responded making me laugh. "hey Babe, do you recognise that guy over there, near the stairs?" Olivia asked him, Danny looked up and towards the steps and frowned, "isn't he one of the guys that came with Jake and Rob to your party?" he said, looking down at me. Then the bulb pinged. "oh hell yeah, Wyatt?" I said, Danny shrugged. "I wonder why he is here" I pondered, right then there was a ruckus coming from behind me. We looked round and saw a group of guys walking through towards the bar that was behind us. And that was when my heart stopped. 

"Did....Did you know he was coming?" I swallowed hard as my eyes fixed onto him. "No, no way...I'd have told you" Danny replied, looking between me and him. I watched as he walked through the room, eyes on all of them. But mine only on him. That smile that lit up his face. The face that made a million girls swoon. A million and one, actually. shit.