Stood Up?

All day I was distracted from my work. I was at my brother's office, working a full shift which I admit was pretty much a waste of time as I wasn't concentrating on a thing. I was still doubting whether I should be going to the game tonight with Julian. My mind was switching sides on me like every five minutes. My brother was going too, and offered his spare ticket, which I was going to accept, until I recieved a text off Julian.

Looking forward to tonight. Going to be a good game and a beautiful date :) xxx

I couldn't help but smile. Julian had that affect on me. So I declined my brothers ticket but agreed to go to the stadium with him, seeing as though Julian wanted to meet me there. I did wonder why he was going to meet me there instead of picking me up, but I thought it was because I met him at the pub yesterday. Either way, I decided not to dwell on the thought or I'd talk myself out of it again.

..............

Late that afternoon I was home with my brother getting ready to head out to the game. It was a chilly night and I decided to dress comfy, the Gillette was not exactly a place for heels and tight dresses. Unless you were a WAG. So I opted for my favorite pair of white converse high tops, blue skinny jeans and a navy blue hoodie. "you ready?" my brother knocked on my door, calling to me. "yeah," I smiled opening the door. He nodded and walked off down the stairs. I stuffed a roll of dollar bills into my pockets, along with my phone and house key and followed my brother out the door.

................

It took us a while to get to the stadium, due to the heavy traffic from the time of night and the supporters heading to the stadium too. But we got there with plenty of time to spare. My brother was meeting some friends here from work, but as Julian had asked me to get here quite early, I was about to leave him and head inside. "enjoy the game little sis, and don't forget, I'll be able to see you guys, so if he makes a move I'll punch him in the face" he smirked all fatherly like. I rolled my eyes and smirked, yeah like you'd be able to take him on... I thought, knowing how big Julian was. His shirts could hardly contain his muscles! "yeah I know, you have fun too and I'll see you back at home" I smiled at him, giving him a quick hug and heading off to the gate.

.............

Despite the hectic traffic and the bodies outside of the stadium, the stands were really quiet. I headed down the steps, passed the seats where my brother would be sitting, and down towards the first row. How the hell did he get these tickets?! He wasn't here yet, which I was kind of surprised about, so I took my seat and and checked my phone. Nothing. I'd only heard from him the once today, which wasn't normal, but I tried to swallow my doubts and nerves and try and wait patiently...

.........

Another twenty minutes passed and still no sign of him. My nerves were getting jacked up at this point. Some of the seats around the stadium were beginning to fill up, and the noise level grew slightly too, even more so when some of the players came out to do their warm ups. Maybe watching them would distract me from waiting for Julian....

"you come here alone?" a voice distracted me from my view. I looked up to find a guy, wearing a Pats shirt smiling at me. I smiled a little and shrugged, "I'm meant to be meeting someone." I answered. "but they're not here yet?" he asked, I shook my head. "you come here much?" he asked, sitting in one of the empty seats beside me. "this is my second game" I replied, looking back out to the field, seeing the Pats players stretching and throwing balls around. I noticed one ridiculously huge guy stood talking to a really short one. I wasn't sure if he was small cause of the huge guy, or if he was just short anyway. "oh cool, you're not from around here are you?" he smiled, "what gave it away?" I smirked playfully, he chuckled, "no I'm here visiting family," I explained, "I leave in a few days, so this will be my last visit here for a while" I said, "too bad" he commented, beginning to talk about something but I zoned out when said short guy on the field began jogging across our way. The dude who I was talking to saw my attention had shifted and glanced over his shoulder. "oh that's Edelman" he told me, "if you didn't already know?" he asked, turning to watch the player, dressed in grey sweats still heading this way. "is he like, is he coming over here?" the guy said a little over excited. I didn't respond as I watched him getting closer. Sweet jesus, what the fuck was going on?!

As he got closer my heart pounded harder, I recognised that muscular shape, the stubbled jawline and those sparkly blue eyes.

He stopped in front of my seat, a little angry expression on his face, "hey baby, glad you could make it" he said to me, yet eyeing the guy up beside me. "you know him? You know Edelman?!" he gasped at me, fanboying ridiculously. "apparently I do" I shrugged, the guy leaning over to shake his hand, all the while I just sat there staring at Julian, dressed in Patriots gear, on the fucking field. I was aware they shook hands and the guy said something to me and left. Leaving me sitting there with Julian standing the other side of the barrier. He watched the guy walking away, "who was that?" he asked, I shrugged, "just some guy, thought I was here on my own, or I'd been stood up" I smirked. His eyes then landed on me and he grinned.

"I'm sorry I'm late, coach wanted a word before I came out." he told me. My blank expression must have amused him. "what the actual Fuck Julian?" I finally replied, making him chuckle. "sorry I can't be up there with you, but I kinda have ta..." he said turning and gesturing to the field. I rolled my eyes at him, making him grin at me. "oh, and I brought you this. You're badly in need of one" he said, pulling something out of the back of his pants. He tossed the blue material up at me, which I caught, some how, still with a 'rabbit caught in headlights' kinda expression. He smiled his Julian smile at me and pulled his hat off, his hair sticking out haphazardly, I giggled. "there's that smile" he grinned back, "may I have a good luck kiss?" he asked looking up at me. How can I decline? I blushed and leant forward, hesitating slightly at whether it was just appropriate for a peck on the cheek, but anyone who knew Julian, knew he was an entirely inappropriate guy. I was quickly beginning to realise this, and he lunged at me, placing a smacker on my lips.

"you'll have just had your photo taken about a dozen or some odd times right there" he smirked at me. "Julian! What the fuck!" I whispered at him, my eyes wide as I took in that information. He smirked at me, "I'll see you later baby" he said, turning away, "you look awesome by the way" he added, throwing a wink my way, obviously making me blush, and then he jogged off back to the other guys. Who, might I add, were looking over at us. God I wanted the ground to swallow me up.