I love you too much (requested)

Taylor knew something wasn't right as soon as she walked inside.

You were just sitting at the table with your phone in front of you. She was late, she knew that. But she texted you about that and she wasn't quite sure why you'd be upset with her or why you'd sit in the dark and silence, waiting for her to come home.

"Where were you?"

Taylor furrowed her eyebrows and nervously chuckled. She put her empty water bottle on the counter and turned to look at you. "I was at the studio."

She was lying and you could see right through it.

"Really? So you weren't out with another girl?" You held the phone out for her to grab. Her shaky fingers grasped it and she laid her forehead against the counter when she realized that the paparazzi had caught her.

"Y/n, I know what you're thinking but I promise you that it isn't that."

"Really? Why would you lie to me then? You said you were at the studio!"

She looked at her feet and then back at you. "You really think I'd cheat on you? Y/n I'd never do that. I love you far too much to ever do anything like that to you."

Your bottom lip quivered. "How am I supposed to know that? You've been coming home later than usual and now you're out with some girl. I don't even know if this is the first time you were out with her. Were you ever in the studio this week at all?"

Taylor closed her eyes and exhaled shakily. It wasn't true. She'd never do anything like that to you. But she was forced to choose; does she let the cat out of the bag and tell you the truth or go on like she is now to keep it all a surprise and risk messing things up even more?

"Just tell me the truth, Taylor. Are you cheating on me?"

She could see the tears in your eyes and suddenly every previous worry left her mind. "No. No, darling, I'm not and I never would."

She took your hands into hers. It was clear what she had to do. She wanted to make it all so much more special than this but if she continued to hide this all from you, she'd risk messing things up to the point where this wouldn't even be an option anymore.

"Her name is Sarah. I know her from one of my producers. She's been married for quite a while and we've grown close and so I turned to her for help..."

"Help with what?" you asked nervously, hoping and praying that she wasn't hinting at what you've been thinking of all along.

"Finding the perfect engagement ring for you."

Taylor pulled a box out of her pocket and got down on one knee. She opened it up and in the black velvet box was the most beautiful ring you've ever seen. "Oh..." You covered your mouth with both of your hands as tears welled up in your eyes.

"This isn't how I wanted to do this, but there's no way in hell that I'm gonna lose you or risk making it all so much worse by not telling you the truth." She took one of your hands and intertwined it with hers.

"I love you so much, y/n. I can't imagine a future without you by my side. It's been two years since we got together and you are the best thing to ever happen to me. I wanna spend forever with you. I wanna do all those things we've talked about like having a family and getting more cats."

You laughed, a tear falling from your eye. "There's no one else I wanna spend forever with. I wanna be in love with you for the rest of my life. Will you marry me, y/n?"

You nodded your head and she slid the ring on your finger. You got on your knees and when you were sitting in front of her she wrapped her arms around you. "Tonight took quite a turn."

You said and Taylor laughed. "Yeah it did, but I've never been happier. I love you so very much."

You pressed your forehead against hers. "I love you too, my beautiful fiancee."