you fight but can't sleep without each other

With a heavy sigh, you rolled over onto Taylor's side of the bed, absolutely missing her warmth and the love she radiates when she lays there beside you.

The fight kept replaying through your mind. You don't know why it even began; looking back, the fight and the reasons behind it just seemed petty and stupid. But you were both feeling the stress and therefore, the importance of the fight seemed so much bigger than what it really was at the time.

You tried hard to fall asleep. You buried your face into the pillow, breathing in the scent of her shampoo that lingered on the soft pillowcase.

She's just across the hall. You wondered how she's doing. Is she wide awake like you? Or was she so exhausted that she fell right asleep? You were curious and you debated getting up to check on her, but before you could even move you heard the door to the guest room she was in open before your bedroom door did the same.

You held your breath. It felt like minutes but was only seconds before her soft voice cut through the air. "Y/n? Are you awake?"

You let out a heavy sigh before sitting up and moving to your side of the bed. "Yeah. I can't fall asleep. It's hard to when the bed feels so empty and you're not here to keep me safe and warm."

The mattress dipped down as she crawled onto the bed beside you. She slowly inched her hand across the satin sheets until it finally landed on yours. "Me too. I love the guest rooms but that's exactly what they're for; the guests. It's not right sleeping in them, especially when you're in this bed, the bed we share together."

You slowly moved so you could put your head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry. I've been so stressed lately but I shouldn't have taken it out on you with the words that I said. I regret it. I wish I could take them back."

Taylor leaned her head on yours. "Me too. No more fighting like that. If we're stressed then we should open up to each other or just take a breather."

You turned your head and felt her lips touch yours. "I love you, Tay."

"I love you too." She smiled, kissing your lips once more before kissing your forehead. She laid back and pulled you with her.

It all felt right again as you put your head on her chest and listened to her heartbeat, for both of you. "Sweet dreams, baby girl." Taylor whispered into your ear and laid a kiss to your head as you both drifted off to sleep.