JUNIPER

"Renee Celeste Potter! If you don't stop running around the kitchen, you're going to fall over, love," Regulus' sighs. "Jamie! Jamie!" He calls as his daughter seems to circle him, rampaging around his feet. "James, will you take Renee outside with you for awhile or something?" He scratches a hand over his heavy belly. "I just need to lay down," His head aches right now.

Renee giggles and incoherently babbles as Regulus presses a hand to his belly. Renee is four and Regulus swears it's like he's birthed the first of a new generation of the marauders. His daughter is loud and always seem to be up to no good. Two classic traits of his husband.

Renee tugs at his leg and Regulus softens. "Mama, come play outside with us!" She shrieks. "Play! Play,"

"I'm sorry baby girl, I can't. Your little brother's being very active right now and mama just needs to lay down. Daddy will take you out to play," Regulus says softly.

James appears in the kitchen with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Will I do what, love?" He asks softly, his hair wet and hanging in his face.

"Get dressed first of all," Regulus tuts.

James grins cheekily, his hand meeting Regulus' protruding belly. "You're already pregnant, no harm in some waist towels. Nothing else can happen here, my work is done," He laughs as he presses a soft kiss to Regulus' cheek.

Regulus sighs, smirking lopsidedly as he feels for his temple. He's got a raging headache that he just can't seem to keep at bay and Renee's squealing is not something he can necessarily entertain right now. "I've just got a really bad headache and fancy a lay down, is all," Regulus says. "I'm sure Renee would love to play outside for a bit before she heads off to bed,"

James nods with a smile, pepping a kiss to Regulus' temple caringly. "Course, honey," He pauses. "Just let me go throw some sweats on and I'll be right back,"

James disappears and Renee continues babbling. "Baby brother! Baby brother!" She squeaks. "Mama, when do I get to meet my baby brother?" Renee asks, peering up at Regulus with bright grey eyes.

Regulus smiles tiredly, ruffling her messy raven hair. "As soon as he's ready to come out, Renee," He says gently. "He's kicking now, he won't go asleep,"

"Baby brother is so silly, mama,"

Regulus snorts with gentle laughter just as James returns. "Now, how about we go play on the swing set, Renee, huh?" He bends down and wraps Renee up in his arms. He coats her chubby cheeks with kisses and she squeals with giddiness.

"Let's let mama get some rest. Your baby brother is being a right nuisance and beating your poor mama's insides up," James chuckles.

As Regulus watches James carrying Renee over his shoulders like she's some sort of vegetable sack, he feels his son rotate around his belly, moving slightly. Regulus smiles down at his belly, his headache still lingering but the sudden quietness of the kitchen has helped immensely.

"Just you and me, baby boy," Regulus muses as he strolls towards his bedroom. He gets himself dressed into one of James' old quidditch jerseys and tucks himself into bed. "We haven't named you just yet. But I like the idea of naming you Juniper,"

Regulus wraps the blankets around himself, his hand pressed to the underside of his bump. "It makes sense, y'know, lovey? Your sister and I both have 'R' initials and your daddy's name begins with a 'J' so it only makes sense for you to get his initial,"

His son, hopefully Juniper Fleamont Potter if Regulus is convincing enough, kicks in reply.

"That's right, sweet baby boy. Juniper Fleamont Potter. I think it's a fine name, uncle Remus said it was a lot nicer than Remus, which is silly because I always thought your uncles Remus and Sirius' names matched perfectly," Regulus shrugs. "Juniper and Renee. Renee and Juniper," He mumbles.

Regulus nods firmly suddenly. "Yup. That's it. It'll just have to be it. Your daddy will just have to deal with it, baby," Regulus strokes a hand down his belly, feeling his son's reactions as he drifts into a small slumber, brief and distant sounds of James and Renee playing outside meet his ears as he does so.