WHAT REGULUS BLACK WILL DO FOR JAMES POTTER

For Peacelover2021 😊

"Reg? Honey?" James calls from the living room. He pauses the muggle television, snuggling further into his dressing gown and throw blankets. "Need you for a second, love?"

Regulus appears with a quill placed behind his ear, he's still wearing his shirt and tie from work, the shirt Kong crinkled and unbuttoned to display his pointed collarbones, his tie loose. He hums.

"You alright, babe?" Regulus inquires, his head poking 'round the door frame of the living room.

James nods. "Uh, would you get me something from the kitchen, please?" He asks, his tone innocent and sweet.

Regulus smirks with a small sigh. "Jamie, love, I've already told you six times today; we're out of ruddy mustard," Regulus wrinkles his nose in disgust, like the mustard hater he is, before, "I'll pick you up some tomorrow morning, first thing. I promise, yeah? That sound alright?"

"That sounds particularly perfect," James smirks deviously. "But I've begun craving some more wild foods, Godric," James pats his bump. "This baby of yours, really a riot, love," He teases and winks over at his husband. 

Regulus rolls his eyes, stepping into the room. "So what would you like then, sweetheart?" He places himself down on the sofa next to James, cuddling closer to him. Regulus let's his hands drop to feel his baby move within James. He looks from James' belly to the older man's brown eyes. "Actually, what would baby like to eat?" He smirks.

James pokes his cheek while rolling his eyes. "Promise you don't laugh at me?"

"When have I ever laughed at you, my love?"

James stares pointedly. "Do you really want am answer to rhatg question?" He rolls his eyes. "Because I could think of a few!"

"Alright, alright, laughing at you bawling at the sonogram of our little one wasn't that endearingly funny, I promise," Regulus swears with a roll of his silver eyes. He has to bite back his laugh.

James smirks. "No, it wasn't. It certainly wasn't as funny as when you weeped at the baby's heartbeat, you big sap," James teases.

Regulus chuckles, cupping James' face before pressing a light kiss to his lips. He pulls away with a smitten smile, his thumb grazing against James' cheek. "No, definitely couldn't out do that hilarious moment in our lives,"

"You're being cheeky....have you ever considered perusing a career in stand up comedy?" James' tone is saturated with sarcasm.

"No, I'd probably have too many funny stories about some husband of mine," Regulus mocks.

James arches an eyebrow. "Oh? Is he nice? Your husband?"

Regulus grins, pecking James' forehead. "Mmh, God yeah. Terribly lovely and oh so adorable with his little baby bump," He smirks, sprawling a hand against James' belly as they share an open mouthed kiss. He breaks away. "Now, what's on the menu, m'lovely?"

James thinks for a moment. "Lily brought over some cherries yesterday when she stopped by for afternoon tea, do you think I could have some?"

"James, you can have anything you want,"

It isn't any word of a lie.

Regulus intends to give James anything he wants.

Their little baby too.

Regulus will do anything for his little family, even if I means almost vomiting into his lap at the sight of James' mustard coated orange slices earlier that morning.

James considers this before raising a question. "Even if I want to put some barbeque sauce on my cherries?" He asks hesitantly.

Regulus swallows, he can not even hide his grimace. "Yes, even if you want to lather your cherries in barbeque sauce, sweetheart,"

James grins. He leans over to kiss Regulus once more, both of their hands resting on his bump. "Thank you, my darling." He thanks wholeheartedly.

Regulus merely shakes his head before standing up straight. "Christ, what I wouldn't do for you and the little one," He muses.

James smiles softly, so endeared by his husband and so in love with every part of him. "Thanks, love you," He smiles.

Regulus cracks a shy smile. "I love you too," He replies. "But if you ever disturb me from my work again, I'll crack up,"

"Oh, come on! It was only the seventh time this afternoon, Reg." James argues and Regulus gives him a sarcastically pointed look.

"Only?" Regulus raises an eyebrow.

"Only." James confirms before watching Regulus leave the room to go prepare his smack for him. With a soft, blissful sigh, James rubs his hands across the surface of his belly. "Your dada I'd the best damn man in this entire godforsaken world, littlest one," James tells their baby and he means every single word of it.