AFTER THE AFTER PARTY

Regulus huffs as he gradually seats himself down into the passenger seat of James' red car; a hand to his baby bump as he does so.

James eyes him, cautiously. Naturally, he is already in the car. Of course he is, Regulus thinks, he doesn't have a baby bump weighing him down, for fuck sake. "Everything alright?" James asks as soon as Regulus settles into the passenger seat.

Regulus just huffs exasperatedly in response. "Everything is fine," He grumbles his reply, folding his arms over his chest, over that infuriatingly large belly of his.

James arches an eyebrow, starting the car. "Right," He utters. "If you say so,"

Regulus doesn't respond. Instead, he simply stares out the window as James drives out of the doctor's parking lot. He watches the clouds and trees leave his line of sight in a blurry whirl as James drives.

James clears his throat after several minutes of a long, drawn out, stubborn silence. "It's....it's nothing to be ashamed of, y'know," He murmurs.

Regulus snaps his head to face James. "Shut up," He retorts icily.

James shakes his head. "Well, it's not," He points out, nonchalantly. "My mother was on bed rest with me nearing the end of her pregnancy. It really isn't that uncommon and it is especially not something to sulk over,"

"I am not sulking-"

"I beg to differ and so does that pout,"

"Fuck off," Regulus snides. He sighs. "Just take me home,"

"I am taking you home, but I'm not having your brother on my back if you go back home in a strop," James replies curtly.

Regulus currently lives with Remus and Sirius, until he can find somewhere better, perhaps somewhere closer to James too; for the sake of the baby that they has accidentally created at the after party of Sirius and Remus' wedding six months ago. There had been gin and shots and James is pretty sure he and Regulus had even drunkenly indulged in body shots. James cringes at the memeroy.

Regulus shakes his head. "God, I won't make you look bad, you egotistical piece of-"

"Why are you in such a narky mood? Jesus Christ, you've barely spoken a word since your doctor put you on bed rest, there are much better things to throw a tantrum over," James chirps, rolling his eyes. "You're being childish, Regulus, grow up,"

"Grow up?" Regulus repeats blankly. He stares at James. "You want me to grow up?"

"Well, it would be nice-"

Regulus tightens his jaw, intercepting James' sentence. "It'd be nice if you and that bloody doctor could mind your own damn business. I'm perfectly capable of walking around Sirius' house and I, quite frankly, have no idea why either of you would think otherwise,"

"We're not looking down on you. We're looking out for you," James retorts. James almost smirks as he speaks next. "You're impossible. Absolutely, entirely impossible,"

"Bet you wish you fucked the other groomsman then, mmh? Remus' cousin, I think it was," Regulus rolls his grey eyes. He huffs again. That's a hatrick. "You're the impossible one," He blurts.

"Me?" James laughs. "I'm not the one sulking over being put on bed rest, you moron,"

"Moron? You're a cheeky bastard," Regulus snaps.