MORE THAN ALRIGHT

"They seem to be uncoordinated without you, have you noticed that?" Sirius whistles quietly as he sits himself down beside his best friend as they watch Remus train. James should be out there training too. "You were the captain, and the star striker,"

James hums, gazing out at the soccer pitch before him. "I know, and I am sorry. It's just what had to be done, you know that, right?"

Sirius nods quickly, offering James a chuckle. "Yeah, I know, mate. You would've given my niece or nephew scrambled brains if you didn't retire now," He pauses. "But don't you worry, Prongs, you'll be back out there before you know it,"

James smiles. "I'll tag along with you and Reg to all of the games still. I wouldn't want to miss seeing Moony play. I know he says he could never replace me, but I think he should go for captain now. He'd be brilliant." He takes a bite of his sandwich, grimacing slightly. He's still not sure what food settles him or not; it's become trial and error as of late.

"Please do not get sick," Sirius whines slightly. "I don't know how much longer I can attempt to be comforting for,"

James shakes his head. "M'fine," He swallows. He clears his throat. "I think the nausea has passed," For now, at least.

"Here," Remus tosses James a bottle of water, walking over to them, his chest heaving. James doesn't miss the way Sirius eyes his boyfriend's long limbs in his soccer uniform. "You feeling bad, Prongs?" He asks.

James groans a little as he takes the water, sipping graciously. "Mmh, I'm fine. It comes and goes," He confesses.

Remus nods, stretching out his arms a little. "You and Reg wanna join Pads and I for some takeout later? We were thinking of watching a film or something, mum won't be home,"

James grins at the offer but slowly shakes his head. "Thanks, Moons. I'm gonna rain check, Reg and I are going to lay around and talk boring baby talk. We rarely get to see each other, Walburga is making him stay home a lot to study and stuff. She's taking it really...well, she's taking it, so I suppose I'll be grateful for that, at least,"

Sirius rolls his eyes. "Yeah, she's still got time to make Regulus into the son I should've probably been moulded into," He snorts.

Moony smirks, lopsidedly. He reaches forward to ruffle Sirius' hair tenderly. "Yeah? Well, I for one am glad she didn't restrain your firecracker personality, babe," He laughs. He glances over his shoulder. "I've got to get back, I'll talk to you both later," He says, turning away. Remus looks back to them, mumbling; "Prongs, I miss you out here,"

James smiles softly, grinning at his friend. "I miss you too. We'll be back to giving away stupid fouls soon," He promises. He isn't sure if they will, though. He feels a pang in his chest as he thinks about soccer, about his team, about how he could've maybe even earned himself a scholarship. All of that had been snatched away.

Sirius grins giddily, almost bashfully. "Look at him in his little shorts. God, my boyfriend is so gorgeous, and he's clever,"

James smiles, wondering briefly if Regulus still thinks he's gorgeous, even with his small, pudgy bump; he is only five months along after all.

"James is upstairs, honey," Euphemia says as soon as Regulus enters the Potter household. He doesn't have to knock anymore. He's glad for it. Euphemia turns to face Regulus. She smiles sympathetically. "He could be asleep. I think it's been a rough day, training started back today," She doesn't have to say much else.

Regulus nods. "Oh," He says. "He must be upset, he loves his soccer, and his team,"

Euphemia nods in agreement, closing her eyes a little before reopening them. "How's everything with you, love? How're you coping?" She asks softly.