HOGWARTS' PARENT TEACHER MEETINGS

For 1paperplane 💗😊 hope you enjoy! This is a continuation of a one shot I posted awhile back! Its over 1600 words! Hope everyone likes it! It's very soft and sweet 💝😋😘💙

Harry stares, perplexed and mildly confused. He sits in Coach Potter's office gazing at his mother sitting across from him; Regulus' legs crossed and shoulders stiff.

"Harry, I know this must be rather confusing for you-" Regulus begins. He cuts himself off, shaking his head. "Look, if you have any questions; we're both entirely okay with answering and I understand if you need some time to process it all," He sighs.

"But....but you told me my dad wasn't 'important'! Mum, he's...he's the coolest!" Harry exclaims, only slightly bothered.

Regulus exhales. He glances quickly at James, who seems to be both smirking and arching an eyebrow in amusement. "No, Harry, what I said was that your father wasn't an important topic that we had to discuss all the time," Regulus bites his lip. "You've asked an array of questions about him since you could speak,"

James chuckles lightly. "You're a menacing parent, Regulus Black,"

"James, he was speaking before the age of two; of course I was!" Regulus almost huffs.

James smiles softly, his smirk disappearing as he watches Regulus. "Should we....should we uh....tell him then?" He asks quietly, murmuring to Regulus, as though they have always had the the-grown-ups-are-talking atmosphere surrounding Harry.

"Tell me what?" Harry objects strongly. He watches as his parents share a look, Regulus appears nervous and pale while James' smile remains gentle and calm, at eased and settled upon his tanned face.

Fumbling with the array of rings decorating his fingers, Regulus mumbles, "I...I don't know if that's what's best right now,"

Regulus stares down at his hands, his rings gleaming back up at him. He anxiously begins to twirl a sage green band his cousin Andromeda had gifted him that sits on his left index finger. He won't face James or Harry and Harry is beginning to wonder why.

James shakes his head. "Regulus, I think Harry deserves to know-"

"No, he doesn't," Regulus mutters, shaking his head in response. "He's a child James, my child. I....I don't think I'm ready for him to know,"

"Our child, Reg, he's ours," James firmly reminds. He sighs before, "I think it would be better if we had it all out in the open, don't you think that too?" He hums softly to Regulus, hoping to inspire and encourage him, hoping to sooth and convince him.

Regulus nods slowly before looking up to face his son. He clears his throat, suddenly observing how much his little boy has seemed to grow so quickly. He's almost becoming emotional regarding it.

"Harry, honey...." Regulus trails. "Darling, I...I don't want you to feel like you can't talk to us about this. The...the both of us," He insists. "We're always here for you. But things are going to change a lot soon and I want you to remember just how much I love uou. Sweetheart, you're going to be a big brother," Regulus whispers.

Harry blinks at them. "I'm...I'm going to be a big....a big brother?" He wonders aloud. "So you're pregnant then?" He inquires, slightly dazed, his eyebrows furrowed together.

Regulus nods. "I....I wouldn't like it if you were to see me any differently but your father and I....well, we weren't very safe multiple times around, hon," Regulus bites his lip, perhaps swallowing back a smile. "But yes, I'm pregnant. We, Harry, we didn't plan this. I don't want you to think we planned this and just threw you in deep. I understand if you're confused or maybe angry or upset-"