MARTYR POTTER AND SAINT BLACK

When James Potter had become involved with Regulus Black, nearly four years ago after a messy, drunken, one night stand, he had also simultaneously wrapped himself up with Regulus' two friends; Evan and Barty. Much to his regret, but with Regulus, and their daughter, comes Evan and Barty.

Regulus is bathing little Adelina Potter when Barty Crouch bursts through the floo, breathless, his demeanor shaky, his eyes slightly red rimmed if James were to look hard enough.

Now, James is cordial with Regulus' mates, to say the least. He tries not to pick fights with them, although he suspects that Evan rather loves to argue with him. James tries his hardest to be polite, to the extent that often, his stance is rigid around Regulus' friends due to his efforts not to roll his eyes.

Barty's eyes meet James' and James has no words. Until, "I'll...I'll go grab Reg?" He offers.

Barty nods quickly. "Yes. Yes, please," He whispers.

James nods. Without another word, he slips up the staircase and heads towards the bathroom where he finds his heavily pregnant boyfriend on his knees next to the bathtub, trying to shampoo Adelina's unruly Potter hair.

"You really shouldn't be on the floor while eight months pregnant, sweetheart,"

Regulus glances up at James. "Well, if someone hadn't carried such a messy hair gene, I might not have to be," He smirks. He rinses Adelina's dark hair with a jug of water. "This is going to be a nightmare to brush out, and she's going to scream and cry, and it's your fault,"

James' lips curl upwards in a small smile. "Yeah? My fault, eh?"

"Yeah. And I didn't get any sleep last night because your son kicked every single organ inside of me,"

"Well, I'll just have a chat with him later then, I suppose," James leans against the doorframe. "Here, let me deal with Lina's hair, I'll finish the bath and lift her out; your back's been achy for weeks and I think it's because you insist on doing bath time,"

"Oh?" Regulus raises an eyebrow. "Ever the supportive boyfriend?" He questions. Perhaps Regulus thinks this is too easy. He won't take bait so lightly.

James sighs, shaking his head. "Yeah, well, one of your mates is in the living room and I'd rather take the risk of getting my clothes drenched by our toddler than have to deal with him," He rolls his eyes.

Regulus sighs with a small scoff, rising to his feet. James steps forward and extends a hand to him, hauling his unsteady boyfriend to his feet, his balance long gone this late in his pregnancy. "You're an asshole," Regulus mutters.

"Your mates hate me!" James snorts. "So, go on, I'll stay hiding in the bathroom with our little one,"

"Hiding? God, your insufferable, James," Regulus says with a soft fondness as he travels down the stairs, holding the banister, a hand on his bump.

He finds Barty slumped in an arm chair that James' father had gifted them. "Hey," Regulus greets. "M'sorry about James, he's...he's still warming up to you and Evan, I suppose,"

Barty shakes his head, swallowing. "Reg, m'pregnant,"

Regulus halts. "Oh," He breathes. "Alright, congratulations," He offers, unsure.

Barty shakes his head once more. "No, no, n-not congratulations," He utters sharply, his voice cracking. He wipes at his face.

Regulus crosses the room to sit on the sofa next to the arm chair. "Hey, what's the matter? Are...do you not want to be pregnant? I...I don't understand," He says, his voice softening.