OVERDUE

Regulus slowly lowers himself onto the sofa, groaning as he feels his daughter wake up and immediately start kicking, her harsh movement hitting him sharply under his ribs.

His little Emmeline Voila Potter is extremely active, all of the time.

James appears in the living room and takes a seat next to his husband. "Hiya, darling," James greets, rubbing a hand over Regulus' swollen belly, effectively getting their daughter to calm a little bit. James, noticing the frown building on Regulus' face, pulls Regulus into his arms while soothingly rubbing his pregnant belly.

"Jamie, would you please....." Regulus trails, looking to James with hopeful, pleading eyes as the older rubs soft circles on his large belly.

"No, it's not going to happen, "m'afraid, baby,"

"James," Regulus whines. "Am I just too big now? Is that it?"

"Oh, you know better than that. Last week, when we tried you screamed because it hurt so bad and you forced me out. I'm not doing that to you again." James says firmly.

It's true. The week prior, James had incidentally tugged his husband's nippe too hard and to say the least, Regulus had so daringly sworn off sex for the rest of his lip as he bite back a humiliatedly pained sob while clutching at his aching chest.

Regulus groans. "Love, I don't care anymore. I'm a week and a half overdue, I just want her out!" He complains, arching his back, ultimately pushing his swollen belly further into James' palm. "I'm so full," Regulus moans. "I feel so full and heavy and achy, I just want Emmeline out,"

"Sweetheart, I know, I know," James tries to soothe. "I know you feel too full and big, but our girls just taking her time, alright?"

Regulus rolls his eyes with a scoff. "Our girl." He repeats. "I'm carrying her!" He argues.

"I put her inside you," James laughs.

"Yes, you did, handsome," Regulus nods. "Now help me get her out and just bloody fuck me!" He whines.

James rolls his eyes fondly, patting the swell of Regulus' belly. "I just don't want to hurt you again, darling."

Regulus can't understand this to some degree as when he had choked back his agony filled sob the week prior, James had had to wipe away his own tears; mumbling 'I'm sorry, oh God, honey, I'm sorry,' over and over as an overwhelming sense of guilt consumed him that only caused Regulus to laugh through teared eyes at James' love for him.

Regulus is trying to get comfortable.

James watches as he wraps his arms around his husband from behind. James hums before, "I've been thinking.....and if you're sure you'll be fine and I won't hurt you, then I'll help you start labor."

"Oh! God! I thought you'd never offer!" Regulus cries.

James smirks before helping his heavy husband to shred his clothes before removing his own. He helps Regulus to pile a bundle of pillows behind his back and hips, supporting his bump.

James chuckles softy before starting to kiss his husband. He runs his hands down Regulus body trying to memorize how his pregnant belly feels under his hand, before it is gone and their Emmeline arrives. 

After some prep, James slowly enters Regulus and his younger husband let's out a low groan, a satisfied groan.

James remains mindful, though. He is careful to not go in too hard and keeps a fixated eye on Regulus' facial expressions. Normally, he loves sex while Regulus in pregnant, but the fact that his Regulus is so close to delivering their daughter from the same area he is currently occupying bothers him a little bit. Just a little, though, as Regulus' sweet moans reach his ears; his bother seems to fade slightly.

James continues his gently rhythm and finds that this is actually sexier than even the kinkiest stuff they did in the past. "Oh love, you are so stunning like this," James whispers. "So gentle and soft and heavy with our little one," He move gently.

Regulus moans, biting his lips. "M'tired of being so f-full, Jamie," He gasps for air as James thrusts softly. "N-need her our before I e-explode!" He pants.

James throws his head back before releasing inside of Regulus, who is not all that far behind them. As Regulus cuddles into James' warm arms, James kisses the top of his head. "Goodnight, sweet prince," He whispers softyly.

Regulus hums. "Goodnight, Jamie,"

Regulus awakes with a start. His breathing is quickened and he isn't quite sure why he's awake until he feels the sheets dampen below him. He gasps softly, panting for air as he glances down at the wetness between his legs.

He begins trying to shake James awake. James opens his eyes with a mumble. "Mmh? What is it, babe?" He murmurs sleepily, his eyelids heavy with sleep, only half open.

"J-James," Regulus breaths as a contraction strikes. "James, my waters just broke, love," He whispers as he grips at the sheet beneath him. "Oooh f-fuck," He clenches his eyes shut. 

James blinks before darting upwards into a sitting position. He rests a hand on his husband's belly, it's harder, more firmer, than it had been a few hours before. "Oh, darling." James whispers softly, pressing a kiss to Regulus' temple. "This is really happening," He smiles.

Regulus nods through a contraction. "Uh huh," He replies breathily. "And it'll happen r-right on our bed if we don't get to St. Mungos s-soon,"

With the terrifying scene of their Emmeline entering the world on her parents bedsheets, James dresses himself much quicker than he ever has before.