DINNER WITH THE POTTERS AND LUPINS

Regulus sighs, shakily. He turns to glance at his husband. "Um...have you checked in with Lily? How did he go down? Do you think-"

James snorts a little bit. Shaking his head swiftly, he says, "Reg, babe, chill out. Wes is fine, he's in great hands. You need to take a breath, s'just Moony and Pads," James reminds softly. He let's his hand drop discreetly to Regulus' belly. "We've done this whole thing before. It isn't like they think we don't have sex-"

"Hey," Regulus chuckles. "Stop it, you can't talk about our sex life at a restaurant," James doesn't miss how he blushes a little bit, his pale cheeks tinting themselves pink. Just slightly.

James sniggers. He smiles, straightening up. "Don't be so nervous, there's no need to be," He eases. "Wes is three, we've had more than enough time to plan this baby, it's gonna be alright,"

"I'm more nervous to tell my older brother about my second pregnancy than I was to tell my father in law," Regulus cringes slightly. "I don't want to risk straining anything-"

"Hey, hey now," James shushes his husband. "You and Padfoot have been pretty solid for a few years now. Everything's patched up. A new baby couldn't possibly undo anything. You're just over thinking, love," James reaches for the jug of water that they have already had delivered to them. "Let me get you some water. You'll feel better once you've gotten some food in your belly. Baby needs to eat, love,"

Regulus smiles, the corners of his lips turning upwards. "I'm nervously excited," He says gently. "Wes is going to be a big brother,"

Wesley James Potter is their rambunctious little toddler with shining brown eyes and unsurprisingly dark hair and an even more un-astonishingly hunger for trouble just like his daddy. Which is why Regulus is so on edge about leaving poor Lily to deal with him and his atrocious habit of writing on the walls.

"Crazy, isn't it?"

"Oi, what's crazy?" Remus greets.

"How late the two of you are," James snides in reply, teasing his beat friend mercilessly.

Remus and Sirius take their seats. Sirius smirks. "How's Wes? Lily was saying she's got him for the night?" He inquires.

Regulus nods. He checks his watch. "She should be tucking him into bed now," He assures with a light smile.

The waitress arrives and takes their order. Regulus feels queasy, a sure sign of the presence of either his nausea due to the baby or his nerves. He shouldn't be so jittery to tell Sirius. He loves his older brother, he really does. Regulus admires Sirius, he always has. But there still is that little part of him that longs for his approval and praise.

Soon, their dinners are brought to them. James engages in a conversation about how he had bought Wes his first broom, a miniature one with a lot of safety precautions, and how Euphemia is currently stocking up on bandages just in case little Wesley manages to injury himself, as James had done many times when he was a little toddler.

Regulus feels himself growing a little bit more nauseous. He can practically feel his face paling. He feels anxious and ridiculously sick. He wishes he were at home with his little Wes and James and curled up by the fire. He hates going out. He's too introverted for this, even if it is his brother.

"Everything alright? You've gone all ghostly, Reg," Remus comments halfway through the meal.

Regulus reluctantly swallows a piece of broccoli. He nods, visually grimacing. "M'okay," He reassures quietly.

James glances at his husband before looking back to his best friends. "Reg hasn't been feeling too well," He explains. He looks back to Regulus. "You wanna head home early, love?" James asks.

Regulus shakes his head. "I'm fine," He insists. "Just...just a little nauseous but I'm okay. I...I can finish my plate, I'm fine,"

Regulus fucking hates being sick.

And he fucking hates how attentive James can be. It makes him feel weakly and frail and incapable. He's fine. Just a little queasiness.

Regulus had horrible morning sickness with little Wes. So much so that he had vowed to never ever get pregnant again and then suddenly little Wes was three and Regulus and James wanted to try again.

James nods. "If you're sure, darling,"

Regulus nods firmly in response. "Promise," He swears. He looks across the table to Remus and Sirius. He tries to smile a little bit. Even just for a minute or two. "Uh, we're...we're um..." He trails before looking to James once more. James smiles brightly. "Um, we're pregnant, again," He eventually says.

James squeezes his hand beneath the table. He's proud.

Remus grins. "Awh no way, congratulations, guys!" He answers. He can't help but laugh. Sirius smirks, gazing at his boyfriend. "We...we were wondering why you'd invited us to dinner," Remus adds with a small laugh as he and Sirius make eye contact.

Regulus squints. "Oh?" He asks.

Sirius laughs. Really laughs. "We thought..." He pauses. "We thought you two had put your heads together and figured us out," He smiles. A genuine smile. Regulus feels a little more comfortable now.

"What? Figured what out?" James questions.

"Sirius is pregnant," Remus says, his eyes shining with both happiness and perhaps maybe even a small amount of tears due to such sheer happiness. "We...we didn't know when to tell you guys," He blinks slightly and Regulus can see he's blinking back those happy tears.

James laughs. He shakes his head. "No fucking way!" He exclaims with a laugh. "High five, Moony!" He jokes as he extends his hand for a high five. "Congrats! God, Wes is gonna fuckin' love all of this!"

Sirius chews his lip slightly. "Shit, we didn't mean to steal your thunder-" He suddenly says, noticing how silent Regulus had become.

Regulus shakes his head. "No, Jesus, God, no," He reassures. He waves his hand. He laughs for the first time in Sirius' presence in a while. "I...I was so nervous to tell you," He chuckles.

"I...I was nervous to tell you," Sirius says with a laugh. The two brothers soon begin listing out all of their individual fears for revealing their news until eventually Sirius questions, "Holy shit, when are you due?"

"August," Regulus replies.

Sirius laughs heartfeltly. "So am I,"

"Prongs, double high five,"

"On it, Moons,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
This is short and sweet!

Also, for some background:
• James and Regulus have been together for over five years.
• Regulus suffers from a lot of anxiety and guilt due to his days as a death eater.
• Hence why he's so anxious to tell Sirius because he still believes he isn't good enough for his brothers approval and the life that he has built with James.
• He's very insecure and has become a lot more reserved than he had been, even as a teenager, as a result of a lot of trauma associated with the war and everything that he had witnessed as a young teenager.
• He finds Wesley is almost the universes way of giving him a 'second chance'.
• Regulus tends to stress himself out a lot which James and his doctors suspect why he tends to get so ill during pregnancy.
• The doctors recommend James reassure Regulus as much as he can without becoming overbearing.
• James is extremely patient with his husband and tries to help him in any way he can, especially when Regulus has episodes where he wakes up sometimes twice a night due to night terrors.
• James simply reminds him that they all love and need him and that he's safe.

I hope you guys liked it! Over 1200 words! 💞😋