THIRTY THREE AND THIRTY TWO

They married in late August a year prior. Their little one should be here early August this year.

Regulus had had to take leave from his work, a professional quidditch player now bound to their sofa and sleeping well past midday. James smiles as he watches Regulus snooze, his lips slightly parted and his eyelashes draped against his pale cheeks, his bump resting beneath his dark sweater. He is beautiful like this, his belly swelled and his cheeks rosy and softer than before.

James takes a swat next to his husband, planting Regulus head in his lap, allowing his fingers to comb gently through Regulus' ebony hair.

His Regulus. Somehow, the universe had allowed for them to find one another.

Sometimes, James reviews their story. He had become a trainer, somehow ending up in a minor coaching role for Regulus' team. They had clashed quite drastically initially. Sirius' little brother apparently was not keen to see James Potter in an authorial figure. Somehow, it worked out. They had made it work out.

James often marvels at how the may not have made it work ten years prior when they had been in their twenties. But they are settled now. They are thirty two and thirty three.

They live contently, in a small cottage, with three cats; one black cat named Jenkins and two ginger cats named Pearl and Lou. The nursery has been painted for weeks; a pale yellow color with a white border to contrast. They patiently await their baby's arrival.

James tenderly brushes Regulus' inky fringe back, admiring his face. He hopes their baby gets the pointed, little chin his husband owns, along with Regulus' steel colored eyes.

Twenty three year old James would have never imagined this is where thirty three year old James would end up. Twenty two year old Regulus had been a lot more broken than thirty two year old Regulus.

But no matter what, thirty three year old James as well as his younger, naive self, is proud of his lover, is bustling with pride and love and gentleness for his lover.

Twenty two year old Regulus had been at the height of his career when he had fallen pregnant by his boyfriend at the time. He didn't want to be a parent. And he didn't have to be.

Thirty two year old Regulus knows that twenty two year old Regulus made the right choice; to terminate his pregnancy. Both versions of both men are glad that twenty two year old Regulus had the choice.

AUTHORS NOTE

Just over 600 words! Just something small to show that abortions aren't simply a result of assault or other circumstances. Anyone can have an abortion and anyone can have the choice to. Not wanting to be a parent is a perfectly valid reason.

If you're prolife, don't even comment. I had someone comment repeatedly on my board last night before I muted them and now they're ranting about me. Someone dmed me to tell me they said I should just stick to writing and keep politics off of Wattpad, bruh, how about ignorant prolifers and republicans keep politics off of uterus'? They also said they wouldn't unfollow me because they enjoy my stories, so I just want to say that my profile/works have NO space for people who want others to suffer and not have rights to their OWN bodies! Anyways, my DMS are always open if anyone needs any support during this terrible time! Sending love! 💘😊