A HAPPY FAMILY

James glances around Regulus' apartment as he lets himself in. Harry is behind him, a grocery bag in his hand. James has the rest in his hands.

James turns on the kitchen light, setting the bags down on the table. Harry sets his down and moves towards the living room with some game in hands. James looks around and sighs.

The apartment is still as neat as it always is except for the kitchen. Boxes of noodle soup are scattered in a pile beside the stove. A pan is draining in the dish drainer along with a bowl and a spoon. Bottles of Sprite fill the recycling bin.

An hour later, the smell of homemade chicken soup fills the apartment and James braves going back to Regulus' bedroom.

Regulus is curled in a ball on the bed, heavy blankets piled on top of him. James pushes the door shut, letting the sound carry around so that he doesn't scare the younger man. Regulus stirs and rolls over.

"James? What time is it?" Regulus murmurs tiredly. "What are you doing here?"

"Har and I missed you and since I couldn't get you to come to us, I came to you."

"James, I'm not up for company. Go away." Regulus grans the blanket and pulled it up over his head.

"I made soup. Harry's sitting and playing his game on the couch. We've already had the stomach bug."

James and Harry had come down with it first, Harry catching it at Lily's house while he was on a weekend stay with her and ultimately giving it to James. "Harry pointed out that you care for us when we don't feel well, but you never let us care for you."

James moves over to the bed and sits down, finding the edge of the blanket and trying to pull it away. Regulus holdd it tight but he appears too weakened from barely being able to keep any food down for two days. James wins and pulls the blanket down.

"I'm fine, James. It's alright. You can go home." Regulus won't look at him. James grips his chin and forces his face towards him. He can't make him open his eyes but he knows that if he waited, Regulus will have to look at him. "Go home," Regulus mumbles.

"No. I don't understand what exactly is going through your mind." James pulls the blanket down more.

James is shocked when he realizes that Regulus id burning up. It certainly wasn't from a fever though. James lays down! pulling him close. Regulus doesn't fight him.

"Don't want to be a burden." Regulus manages to whisper.

"Oh, Reg." James tenderly kisses the back of his neck. "Taking care of you when you are sick is not a burden. You take care of us when we are sick, why would us returning the favor be a burden?"

Regulus shrugs in response.

James knows why, though.

When push had come to shove, Walburga Black had never cared for her sons the way a mother should when they are sick.

Regulus doesn't want to be a burden and push James and his son away. James pulls him in tighter but he notices something that he hadn't before.

Regulus is dressed as he usually is when in bed. A t-shirt and sleep pants. Regulus had admittedly put on a little more muscle and weight over the past year and a half that they had been together but this, this seems much more than that.

James splays his hand over Regulus' stomach. He knows then that Regulus hasn't caught the stomach bug. He also knows why Regulus hasn't been coming over as often as usual.

Regulus has always been particular with his birth control, never forgetting, never late to swalloe that potion and they use condoms every single time. None have broken, ever. Regulus always checked. He is somewhat obsessive over it, it kind of freaks James out sometimes, yet it endears him.