LILY, LILY, LILY

Regulus sits in his office. He hasn't been here as often as he should be, but he's had rather a lot to deal with lately. He goes over a few reports, signs some paperwork. The baby is kicking and it's making him uncomfortable but he also fucking wishes that James was here to feel it.

He's still unsure exactly how much he feels for his brother's friend. He'd always seen James as the awkwardly handsome type; has glasses sitting perky on the bridge of his nose, his face dotted with sunkissed freckles. Remus Lupin also has freckles, Regulus briefly wonders if he and his brother just really enjoy men with freckles.

James and Regulus weren't supposed to happen, Regulus is sure of it. James and Lily had just ended things due to her moving abroad for some kind of job aspect.

Sirius had been 'round Regulus' when the news was broken to him; hence how James ended up coming over for drinks, Remus and Peter in tow. Regulus wasn't too fond of the idea of them all getting drunk within his apartment but he had let it happen.

He also let James into his bed that night and for many weeks after as a sort of I'm-sorry-she-dumped-you-let-me-comfort-you thing that seemed to work for the both of them. Sirius, of course, didn't know. But he found out pretty quickly when Regulus had shoved a sonogram into James' hand, as if to let him admire his work.

It had all happened so fast and it reminded Regulus exactly why he didn't sleep around. Especially not with his older brother's handsome mates.

Regulus sighs, returning his focus to his paper work. He's wearing an oversized coat although he's a bit too warm in it and he slips his hand beneath it to rub at the ever-burgeoning bulge he finds. He's gotten pretty huge and it feels like it's only just happened.

"Shush, shush, shush," Regulus hums as he whispers. "Mummy's busy." He stares boredly at a report about something or other for several minutes without processing the words.

There's a knock and Regulus isn't sure if he's relieved at the distraction or worried about hiding his belly while he has to actually deal with another human being. "What is it?" He calls out anyway, his voice a drawl and slightly distracted.

James pokes his head into the office tentatively. "Hey, Reg," He greets and Regulus rolls his eyes, amused to finally have a distraction worthy of neglecting his work.

"Hiya, what're you doing here?"

James waltz in with a brown paper bag on his hip. "Brought you some lunch, thought you and the little one might be hungry,"

The scent of some sort of pizza warfs towards Regulus' nose and his belly growls knowingly. James chuckles, setting the bag down on Regulus' desk. He grins. "So I was right then, eh?"

Regulus blushes slightly as James hands him a slice. He wrinkles his nose. He'd never been too fond of pizza, but it seems to be all the baby wants to eat. So he takes a small bite.

James rolls his eyes. "Eat it like you mean it, stupid," He scoffs as he gently shoves the piece further into Regulus' mouth. "Feed that baby, eh," He smirks.

"If I feed this baby anymore, it'll only continue to distort my waist," Regulus grumbles but he swallows the pizza as soon as his stubbornness gives in.

"So? Baby's just growing, Reg," James muses.

They sit in silence and simply eat for a few minutes, Regulus in his chair, James sitting on the edge of his desk. They're silent a lot of the time, neither man knowing more about each other than what pillow talk has to offer.

They hooked up a couple of times while James was drunk on despair over Lily Evans and now Regulus is having his baby. One might think they would have a lot to talk about.