February 3, 2022

Matt's POV: As I stand in the shower after waking up early on a non-shift day, I sighed as I took a few moments to cry. I hated to do this in front of Gabby because I was still grieving my former chief and mentor. I'm trying to keep her out of my grieving process because she has a lot to deal with already. 3 kids and worrying about me being safe? I didn't need her to worry about my emotional state. At least, I didn't think she should. But Gabby seemed to have a difference of opinion on that based on the fact that she just joined me in the shower. "Hey, why you crying?"

Turning to look at her, I sighed as I put my hand out. "Hey, I didn't mean to wake you up." Gabby then walked up to me before putting her hands on my chest. "The kids still asleep?" Gabby nodded as she stepped close to me before kissing me softly. "Matt, talk to me. Why are you up this early? I am here for you." I then went to wrap my arms around her and sighed. "I am taking time to grieve some more. I had this dream about Boden being there on my first day as chief. He was the one that did it. That's how it should've been Gabby. Him physically passing the torch."

Gabby nodded and agreed as she wrapped her arms around her shoulders. She then went to kiss me softly before whispering to me. "Matt, you know I am here for you right? Whatever you need...I am here for you. Please let me be here for you." I nodded and agreed as I went to kiss her softly. "I love you Gabby and I am sorry that I've been hiding this." Gabby just nodded as she hugged me. "We can't stay long. You do realize that right? The kids are just in the other room." I nodded and understood before going to kiss her again. "Then stop talking and enjoy."

Gabby smiled when I said that before kissing me. That's when I moved to kiss her neck while putting my hand on her leg. Stroking it with my thumb, I kissed Gabby slowly as I gave her exactly what she needed right now...her husband all to herself before the kids woke up and disturbed us. That's when I decided to turn the radio we had in there on so that I could hide the sounds we were making. Gabby smirked when I did that before putting her hands on my chest. Picking her up in my arms, I wrapped her legs around my waist before putting her against the wall. "God, I can't wait until the kids are old enough to sleep in their own rooms."

Gabby laughed and smiled when I said that. "I bet you are. Now calm down and just wash me okay? We need to relax." I nodded and agreed as I went to set her down. Grabbing some soap, I smiled as I stepped close to her before going to wash her just like she wanted that morning. However, I took it very slow since I wanted to take this time to just have a moment alone. "Thanks again for last night's date. It was perfect. I know we have young kids but..." Gabby then leaned back and grabbed my neck. "Matt, I love you. That's why I was okay with it. I needed a date with my husband. I should be thanking you for taking me out." I smiled and nodded.

"I love you Gabby." Gabby smiled and said that as she went to kiss me softly. "I love you too. Now wash me before Matteo wakes up." I nodded and agreed as I went to wash her that morning, continuing to kiss her the entire time.