chapter 36

After Shen Zhui and Yu Fan were dismissed, the position of dean of the Institute of Science and Technology suddenly became vacant.

As usual, the position of dean is promoted from among the current vice deans. There are currently three vice deans in the academy, Xu Kong, Yang Shen and Luo Song.

When Xu Kong came to Xingda University by air, he directly rejected the position of dean. The next selection was basically equivalent to abstaining from voting, and the remaining competition was between Yang Shen and Luo Song.

It’s hard to say what the outcome of this selection will be.

In recent years, Yang Shen has focused more on teaching students, publishing slightly less papers and establishing scientific research projects. Luo Song has more papers, but he teaches classes in two departments at the same time: the School of Mathematics and the School of Chemistry, among which the School of Chemistry is his The two sides are evenly matched on the focus of the project, and it is difficult to determine who will become the dean.

Regarding the current situation, one thing that is tacitly understood in the Xing University circle is that this dean selection is on the surface a competition between two people, but behind the scenes it is a competition between the forces of two schools of thought.

The matter of Yu Fan's dismissal for academic fraud is still highly discussed. People are constantly digging into the academic disputes behind this incident in several academies. There are forces from all sides.

A doctoral supervisor from another school publicly spoke: "Although the old European branch faction has produced some academic scum, there are still more outstanding academic leaders. We focus on theory, but we are by no means a school that clings to old antiques. The University of Mathematical Sciences cannot lose the support of theory. If everyone studies front-end tools for the sake of making money, then our real end will be when technology stagnates in a hundred years or a thousand years."

The theoretical group suffered a setback, and more people focused on the gossip behind it.

A few days ago, a good person in the circle published a very popular directional paper, which deeply revealed some things in the academic circle. The entries were detailed down to the origins of the factions. It was claimed that the differences between the instrumental school and the theoretical school can be traced back to During the Oppenheimer era, he also listed in-depth gossip about universities across the league. For example, the reason why xx University and xxx University are in the same situation is because of the competition for scientific research talents, and after the scientific research talents changed countless bosses, they took a bunch of secrets with them. In the direction of data and innovation research, he became his own boss and continued to work on his own projects, resulting in invisible losses of up to 100 billion, which directly led to the stagnation of some alliance defense projects and was completely blocked by the academic circle.

The contents of these revelations were true and reliable, but they were quickly suppressed by various forces. Although the situation is calm on the surface, the spirits of all parties are actually highly tense.

North American Division, Xia Family.

"Baby, mom and dad have helped you contact the people at Xingda University, but it's a little difficult this time, you know? If you study here, we can get you wherever you want to go, but over there in Xingcheng There aren’t many people we know anymore, and mom and dad can only try their best to help you find a relationship. The Yu Fan we met before... He has ruined himself, leaving only Luo Song. Let’s see if he can succeed, but it depends. Next month's election results." Xia's mother sat on the sofa and said to Xia Ran earnestly.