chapter 47

Fu Kai's expression immediately darkened when he heard him taking the initiative to talk about this topic. He opened his mouth and looked at Fu Luoyin with a complicated look: "End your relationship with that person," he said.

Fu Luoyin straightened up from the sofa, looking at him—transitioning from a somewhat relaxed posture to a slightly alert one, but his eyes and demeanor remained calm and composed. "I haven't been home for a long time. The moment I see you, you're already trying to break up this relationship. You should at least give me a reason."

Fu Kai's expression was somewhat unnatural. After coughing a few times, he forcefully said, "Ninth Bureau and the Defense Bureau are involved in this matter. During the investigation, they informed me that Lin Shuicheng is now your partner. If it wasn't for the informant mentioning it this time, I wouldn't have noticed it was him. I met this child a few years ago. You two are not suitable, I would never agree to you being together."

Fu Luoyin looked at him calmly and said, "You've met him before—when did you meet him?"

Fu Kai said: "I met him a few years ago when you were chewing mud in District 8! We met once, and this... this kid is not very energetic. I've also seen it. You two don't get along well. There will be a lot of troubles in the future, and our family cannot have people engaged in scientific research. You know these scientific researchers are good at getting into trouble. Our daughter-in-law of the Fu family must not be this kind of person."

"Oh, the informant told you." Fu Luoyin smiled. "It's quite fate. You met your daughter-in-law several years in advance. When everyone sees him, there won't be any disagreements, right?"

He finally figured it out. This time, Fu Kai didn't have the nerve to talk directly about his family background. He just persuaded him in a roundabout way, and even used the horoscope to argue with him.

But for some reason, Fu Kai's face turned green when he said this.

Both father and son feel a little taboo when it comes to this topic.

With Xia Ran's incident in front of him, Fu Luoyin obviously didn't have a good attitude on this topic, and he seemed to have an attitude that he could change his face at any time.

Although Fu Kai is an iron-fisted man at home and outside, he is the only one in the family who has never been able to control him. Now that he is old and retired, he gradually feels that he is indebted to this young son, and it is time to enjoy the happiness of a family. During these days, I would often reflect on my attitude towards my children, and I would not dare to suppress them as forcefully as before.

Fu Luoyin has grown up, and his youngest son now stands taller and straighter than him, a general, which gives people a faint sense of oppression.

Fu Luoyin still smiled: ""But I have to say, you're thinking too far ahead. I've been in a relationship with this person for two years, and if you add up the actual time we've spent together, it's probably not even half a month. It's too early to discuss these matters and deciding to part ways is also premature. He is a student and his family is not well off. so can I afford to be too serious about it? We're just casually dating; he likes me a lot, and I can't bring myself to reject him outright. Let's just go with the flow, don't overthink it."

Fu Kai hesitated to speak, and after a while he said: "How long do you plan to stay together?"

Fu Luoyin blurred the key points: "Let's see how it goes."

He looked at his father candidly, his eyes clean and without any sense of guilt.

The father and son were beating around the bush and using slow tactics, but in short, they didn't say what was in their hearts.