chapter 84

After the exam results were released, the Alliance officially published a score distribution table.
Over ten thousand people took the winter preliminary exam, and everyone could understand the general competitive situation based on their score ranges. All of them noticed simultaneously that this winter exam produced a dark horse—someone scored a perfect 750, with a score range where the thirteen points before and after were all empty. The second-place scorer only managed 737 points!

Lin Shuicheng became the only person in the Alliance's public exam system to achieve a perfect score in the last decade.
As soon as the results were out, Lin Shuicheng received numerous calls from various departments, inviting him for interviews. He politely declined each one.

In the process of filling out his preferences, applicants typically choose three different departmental positions. Lin Shuicheng selected all three from the Police Department: Position 1: Criminal Data Investigation Department, Position 2: Archives Department, Position 3: Information Security Department.
Lin Shuicheng's preferences were set, and Fu Luoyin helped him double-check the department codes while saying, "These departments align somewhat with your major, but if we're talking about a truly fitting department, it would be the Crime Prediction Department. The three you've chosen aren't very popular, with fewer opportunities for promotion. Do you want to reconsider?"
Lin Shuicheng quietly replied, "I want to go to these departments. These departments have the most accessible data for my research. Besides, I won't stay for too long."
Fu Luoyin paused, "Still researching... the butterfly effect?"
Lin Shuicheng nodded, "Yes."

Fu Luoyin watched him running the algorithm on the computer, and the image after data modeling was on the screen The shape of a butterfly flew out. After zooming in, I found that it was one event line after another. Each line was called cause and effect, and countless possible fulcrums were derived from it.

Fu Luoyin didn't understand his algorithm, but he knew what Lin Shuicheng was studying, so this didn't stop him from sitting next to Lin Shuicheng and watching.

The model Lin Shuicheng chose was the Torch Massacre incident that he read to him last time. He used data to simulate the entire incident process. The current modeling tools are very complete. Lin Shuicheng also used public satellite scans to restore the scene. The coordinates in the lower left corner changed rapidly as the cursor moved, making it a dense area.
It was interesting to watch Lin Shuicheng think. Fu Luoyin knew from watching him staring at the paused data graph on the computer and the white paper in front of him that he might have encountered some kind of problem.

He has a habitual movement when he is thinking about something, which is to purse his mouth, and his fingers will always turn the pen intentionally or unintentionally.

That's a little trick that many boys on campus can do. The slender, white fingers have distinct joints, and when the pen is turned on the fingertips, there is always a carelessness and an unconscious attraction.

Fu Luoyin asked in a low voice, "What's wrong?"
Lin Shuicheng pointed to the model on the computer screen: "Look at this, this is the standard butterfly effect model."
Fu Luoyin said, "Yeah."

Lin Shuicheng changed it to another one. page and show him the model he made - taking the Torch Massacre as an example, the model Lin Shuicheng finally made was vastly different from the standard butterfly effect model. "This is mine."
Fu Luoyin asked, "What's the problem?"
Lin Shuicheng said, "Data, I don't have any more data. Quantitative data, such as the day's temperature, wind speed, traffic flow... these Although it is a little more troublesome to get, at least it can be obtained. But there are more things, such as people's thinking results, people's actions, national policies... To restore a real scene, you have to go back to the past, details Everything down to the movement of an ant must be recorded - because no matter how small the link is, it may become a part of the butterfly effect. These are things that cannot be ignored, but cannot be projected into computer modeling. Compared with the real situation, I try to The best efforts can only restore about 40% of the situation. There are many things in parallel. They may be cause and effect of each other, or they may just exist as noise interference. This is also a difficulty encountered in calculation. In real situations, There are countless small butterflies in the big butterfly storm."