Chapter 8: Do You Love Me?

Mingus's P.O.V

I walked over to where Norman was a talking to Andrew and Steven. I had no idea what they were talking about, and I really didn't care. I grabbed Norman's arm and pulled him away from thee conversation.

"Mingus why'd you pull me away? We were in the middle of a very important conversation."

"Dad I need to tell you something." I said

"What is it? It better be important or i'll smack you across the head."

"Isn't that child abuse?"

"I've never hit you Mingus. I was just kidding."

"What about that one time where Mom was mad at you and then I was getting annoying to you grabbed my head and made me drink the toilet water?"

"That never happened. Now hurry up and tell me."

"Liesel is dating Chandler. They were about to kiss but I stopped them. I don't want her to get hurt. She's not thinking about this clearly."

"Where's your sister I need to have a talk with her."

"She's on the ramp with Chandler." I said pointing to the ramp.

Liesel's P.O.V

"I bet i can do a better trick on my skateboard than you can." I said. Chandler laughed at me.

"I doubt that, but i'd love to see you try." He said back away from me and giving me 'the floor'.

I was in the middle of doing a 720 gazelle flip but Norman interrupted me and I fell down. Chandler and Norman saw me fall. They both ran over to me.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" They both asked at the same time. Both of them kneeled down to where I was I looked at the ground and saw blood.

"I-I'm fine. I just hurt my elbow." I said.

"I'll go get a paper towel" Chandler said running off to go and get on.

A few seconds after Chandler left Norman started talking. "Liesel we need to talk."

"About?" I asked

"Why are you dating Chandler? He already hurt you what makes you think he won't do it again."

"I'm giving him a chance Norman." I said

"I don't trust that boy with you. He's not good for you."

"So what are you trying to say? That I don't have good taste in boys?"

"No. I'm not saying that at all."

"Yes you are. By saying you don't trust him means that you don't like him, and I happen to like him and you hate my decision. I don't know if it's me you don't trust or him."

"I trust you. Not him."

"It's the same thing."

"It's totally different. I know what good and what's bad for you. I'm older than you and I know love."

"So you don't love me anymore?"

"I still love you. I just want what's best for you. I want you to be happy."

"He makes me happy."

"Really? You were crying when you saw him kiss another girl. You wouldn't go near him in the restaurant. IS that what happiness means you?"

"As long as i'm not getting hurt. I'm happy. If you really want me to be happy you'd let me see him."

"No Liesel. I won't let it happen."