Daniel Ricciardo - #69

A/N: Requested by TheDremar . I hope you guys enjoy ! Be sure to vote & comment. Much love .xx

69. "Mommy, Daddy, I want a little sister or brother."

Bella and I were happy that Daniel was coming home today, I believe Bella is more excited than me to see him since she goes one everyday about how much she misses her daddy.

I feel bad for the kiddo since Daniel isn't around as much due to travelling almost every week or 2nd week to another country to race, but then again she has school and I'm not going to make her miss out. Daniel of course has a soft spot for her and wants her to be there for the races but unfortunately I'm that strict mum that has to put my foot down for some things.

Due to the time differences, Daniel is only expected to arrive late in the afternoon so I luckily had the whole day to do what's needed to be done such as dropping Bella off at school, cleaning the house, washing the clothes and not forgetting to cook.

After finishing my chores for the day, I checked the time to see it's 12:45pm and Bella finishes at 1pm so I better get going. She's still in kindergarten or otherwise known as preschool, in 2 years she'll be in first grade...gosh where has the time gone ? I'm probably going to start crying on her first day in grade one, my baby is growing up.

I parked the car and got out to walk to her class room. It's like she was just waiting for me because as soon as I stopped outside her class she ran over to me to hug me. I got down to her level to give her a hug. "Hey pumpkin" I said as I kissed her forehead. I then stood up to grab a hold of her hand and led the way to the car. "You're surprisingly quiet...what's wrong ?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes at her. She didn't say anything, now I was really concerned.

I left her school bag in the backseat then strapped her in her car seat. I got into the drivers seat and looked at her through the mirror, "How was school ?" I asked eagerly. "Bad" she said plainly. "Why's that love ?" I asked as I pulled out of the schools parking lot and proceeded to drive home. "Stacy didn't come to school today. I was all alone" she huffed. "Awww sorry my angel, I'm sure she'll be back in school tomorrow" I said to lighten her mood. "I hope" she said lowly. After some silence she spoke up again which grabbed my attention, "Mummy" she called. "Yes baby" I answered as I briefly glanced at her through the mirror but I was then interrupted by my phone ringing.

I answered through Bluetooth, "Hello ?" I answered without looking at the caller ID. "Babe, I've been trying to call you like 3 times 5 minutes ago" Daniel said. "My bad, I just picked Bella up from school" I said as I smiled back at her, she was over the moon now to hear her daddy's voice. "Where's my baby girl ?" He cooed. "Here !" She giggled. "Ugh I miss you guys but I just phoned to let you know that I'll be home in about 3 hours. I'm currently on the flight" he said. "We miss you too. Have a safe flight. Love you" I smiled. "Love you Daddy !" She yelled. "Love you girls more. Bye" he said as he ended the call. "I miss daddy" she sulked. "I miss him too bub but no worries because he'll be home in a few hours" I smiled at her which she then lit up again at the thought of it.

When we arrived home, Bella had offered to help me with setting the table for lunch which I guess in a way helped me speed things up a bit. Once we were done I got back to finish preparing the food, I then placed the casseroles onto the table but stopped what I was doing when I heard the door shut and a giggle. "Bel !" I yelled for her but got no response back. Just then I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind, "Boo !" Daniel yelled. "Jesus Christ Dan !" I said as I placed a hand on my heart. I then turned around to face him and engulfed him in a hug. "I missed you dork" I murmured into his neck. "I missed you more" he said as he placed a kiss on my neck.

We then released from our hug as we felt Bella tapping on our legs. He laughed as he looked down at her before grabbing her in his arms and lifting her up. "Look at you, doll. Did Mum do your hair and picked out your clothes ?" He asked her as she had the dummy in her mouth. She just nodded her head as her lips slowly curved into a smile. "Mummy gets her good fashion sense from me" he said to her as he nodded his head. He flipped his back backwards and placed it back on his head, "Uhhh no, stop lying to her Dan" I rolled my eyes and took a seat at the table.

She sat in between Daniel and I at the table, as soon as I placed her plate of food in front of her she removed her dummy. "Mommy, Daddy, I want a little sister or brother." she said which caught Daniel and I off guard. He almost choked on his water and I almost choked on my first bite of food. He glanced at me and I glanced at him before we both turned to look at her. She started to giggle at our reactions, "Daddy and I will think about it" I said. "Please please Mummy, I want a baby brother or sister like Stacy" she said as she laid her head back on her high chair. Daniel stifled a laugh at her but he kept it together.

After we finished eating, I put the food away and started to wash the dishes whilst Daniel kept her busy. As I was drying up the dishes I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind, he placed his head into the crook of my neck, "Not now Dan, she's still awake" I said uninterested. "I put her to sleep" he said. "So early ?" I asked as I turned to look at him. "You heard her, she said she wants a baby brother or sister so I had to put her asleep to make that happen" he grinned cheekily. "Are you ready for another child ?" I stopped wiping the dishes to turn around fully to face him as I leaned again the counter.

"I've been wanting us to have another baby Ricciardo for quite a while now but I didn't want to pressurise you into anything since I know she's already a handful and I'm travelling. I know it's a lot, I've just been waiting for the right time and I guess she just did it" he smiled. "But-" I was cut off. "Stop overthinking things, you know you also want another baby Ricciardo and we got to give our princess what she wants" he said as he then lifted me by the back of thighs as I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "This was bound to happen sooner I later" I smiled. "I preferred sooner" he grinned as he connected our lips.