Who I Am

A curly-haired boy paid his taxi, carrying a paper bag in one hand and a drink carrier in the other. Using his newly given key to open the door, he locked it behind him and rode the elevator up to the apartment. Pocketing the key once again, he set everything down on the kitchen table and quietly took his shoes and jacket off. His brown eyes latched onto the blonde figure burrowed under the navy blue quilt, sadness taking ahold of him. Crossing the room, he grabbed a pair of his black boxers and a new hoodie he'd gotten for her, laying them on the bathroom counter and turning the shower on.

"Princess," Camryn opened her eyes at another nickname, blinking at Jack's worried face. "I turned the shower on for you." He pulled back the blankets and grabbed her waist, lifting Camryn from the bed with ease. It killed him to see her so broken by someone they loved, she'd stayed strong for the first twenty-four hours, but when Camryn woke up the morning after it was like she was a different person. He sat her down on the bathroom floor, squeezing her waist one last time as he walked out. 

She climbed into the shower, washing away the feeling she'd had since her argument with Corbyn. Camryn hadn't talked about it with Jack yet, she'd hardly talked at all in the past week they'd been there. It made her feel even worse that he probably hated being here since he couldn't be around the rest of his friends, he didn't know anyone, and she was being a horrible hostess. So as she dried off, Camryn told herself to suck it all in, to shove herself back in the closet, and to be the good sister. But after pulling on Jack's boxers over a pair of underwear and a sports bra, she took one look at what he'd gotten her and that all went out the window.

The soft pink, purple, and blue ombre sweatshirt rested in her hands. It had the word 'Pride' in those three colors on her left breast, her sleeves having small areas of white mesh. Camryn choked out a small sob, clutching the fabric to her chest. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around her from the back a few seconds later, holding her tightly. "I'm sorry, Princess, should I not have-"

"Why don't you hate me?" Jack recoiled in shock, Camryn turning to look at him in shame. He thought for a moment, causing her to think he actually did hate her and try to leave. Pulling her back to him, Jack tilted Camryn's chin up to look at him. "Camryn Melanie Besson, I could never hate you. You're the most beautiful, kind, caring, loving person I've ever known in my whole life. Baby girl, I knew you were bisexual a year ago when I met you, I just didn't say anything because it doesn't change the way I feel about you." 

She didn't know what to say or how to say it. Hell, she didn't even know where to begin. So she started by putting her new hoodie on and turning to look in the mirror, watching Jack grin over her shoulder. "I love it," Camryn paused, a tiny grin appearing on her lips as she whipped around to look at him. 

"But, I have an idea."

---

"I can't believe you're getting one, let alone two tattoos."

Camryn smirked up at Jack from the tattoo chair, raising a blonde brow. "What, like these are my only ones?" She basically watched his mind go to the gutter, build a house, and live there. The artist, El, a pregnant pink-haired woman with a lip piercing and tattoos galore, snorted in amusement as she saw it happen too. 

"I'm so excited to do this one, I've never done a pride piece before." El started in on the tattoo on her left collar bone, pink/blue/purple watercolor behind a solar system string done in black ink. Jack started wandering around the station while the pleasant ache took over Camryn's body. El had already done a tattoo on Camryn's left index finger that she wouldn't let Jack see yet, making sure it was covered before he was even allowed in the room. 

"You getting one too?" Jack grinned at Camryn as he sat a few seats down with another artist, far enough she couldn't see what he was getting. "You know it, Baby girl," El smirked up at Camryn, the pair having met at a college bar one night when she was singing. Camryn rolled her eyes, laughing while she shook her head. "How's my Godson?" The pink-haired girl huffed tiredly, taking a second to pat her belly gently and wipe the blood from her friends' skin.

"Elliot Cameron James is doing great," El waited for the scream, smiling when it came. "If you weren't stabbing my skin right now I'd hug you!" The girls both laughed, chatting each other ears off with a talk about baby showers.

 Jack watched Camryn adoringly from down the room, a smile on his face the size of Texas. He looked down when his tattoo artist, Josh, started chuckling, the man shaking his head in amusement. "What?" Jack furrowed his brows in confusion, the guy grinning up at him. 

"Kid, you're so whipped for that little ray of sunshine down there."

Camryns

Camryns.The.Besson |

So, I think it's time to admit to the world something I recently admitted to myself and the people I love. I am bisexual. There are people who may not understand because they've known me all my life or because I just simply don't 'seem bi', but I hope they come to terms with it.

Because it's a part of who I am.

Also, cause, you know, the only straight I am is a straight up bitch.

Tagged: @TatsByEl and @JackAvery | Liked by @AshBesson and 2,982,384 Others

- Comments Disabled -