Target Practice

* 1 Week Later *

One week.

 One whole ass week of not talking to each other. That's how long it'd been since Camryn and Jack had even uttered a single syllable to each other. Every morning they woke up, took care of their children, and cohabitated in silence. Then each night they went to bed in separate rooms, Camryn not catching a single moment of restful sleep. Jack had managed to somewhat, but not much. Every time Camryn closed her eyes she had a nightmare.

And tonight was no exception.

It started off slow, with Camryn leaving the store as she had that night. Except for this time she had a person she cared about with her. Each night it was someone different, but tonight it was Jack. To say she wasn't that excited to see where this nightmare was going would be a vast understatement.

Their hands interlocked, Jack and Camryn led each other out of the grocery mart. She was in a third-person point of view, watching Jackson sneak up behind them. He smacked their heads into the car beside them, loading each body into their Jeep. The dream blacked out for a few seconds until Camryn was waking up, once again tied to a chair.

All over again, she could feel the darkness of that room. The way the cold seemed to seep into her bones, all the way to her heart. It even made breathing painful, like with every breath she inhaled shards of ice. Rope scratched at her wrists and ankles, burning them raw. Then her eyes would land on the most horrid scene she could ever imagine.

Jack's bloodied body.

---

He awoke to his daughter violently shaking him by his shoulders. "Dad! Dad! It's Mom!" That was all it took for him to be halfway downstairs, yelling for Lavender to stay where she stood. Every heart-wrenching scream of his name cut him to the core, cursing how many steps their house had. Basically kicking in the bedroom door, he took in the sight before him.

Camryn thrashed around in bed, a sheen of sweat clinging to her skin. "Jack!"  His name still ripped from her throat on a continuous loop. Her legs kicked out as if she was being attacked, which, unbeknownst to him, she was. "No! Don't touch him!"  Tear tracks stained Camryn's cheeks, dry heaves leaving her lips. "Jackson- Leave us alone!"

Jack moved forward as soon as he realized what she was screaming about. Carefully, he slid both arms around her in a tight but gentle hold. "Camryn, Camryn wake up!" It took several tried before she awoke, sobbing violently. Still groggy, Camryn struggled in Jack's grip. "Shh, it's me, Princess. It's just me," Firmly holding onto her wrists, Jack slid so her back was pressed against his chest. "I've got you,"

All arguments were long forgotten, any hurtful words gone. "I'm sorry," Jack turned his wife to face him, cradling her in his lap as if she was a baby. "I didn't mean to wake you up-" Tears dripped into the crook of Jack's neck, scratching her back with his nails. She curled into his warm body, paying no attention to the rest of the world. "I'm sorry,"

"Don't ever apologize to me, princess. I'm your husband and I love you," Jack gingerly brushed his fingers along Camryn's two scars. "Every part of you," He kissed the top of her forehead, lifting them out of the guest bed. One hand pressed to his chest, Camryn allowed him to carry her up to their bedroom. "Now, you're going to come upstairs and sleep where you're supposed to." A small chortle escaped her lips, bringing a smile to his.