We Owe It All To Lavender

Jack Robert Avery.

 Five kids, three girls, and two boys. An amazing wife of twelve years, sixteen total. He was and still is apart of a band with four of his best friends. Now he had in-law's, a cat named Simon-Lu, and his dream house. Jack had everything he could possibly want. Love, laughter, friendship, and family. He'd toured the world and traveled as much as possible. But, don't get it wrong, he'd had hardships.

His wife was sick, which was manageable. But he'd almost lost her to a jealous ex who kidnapped, tortured, and scarred her for life. Jack almost lost his son and wife when her appendix burst on the side of the road. Hell, he might not have even been with her if she hadn't gotten pregnant. They were too stubborn to change their ways before, but Lavender changed that. She forced them to grow and he will forever be grateful for that.

Camryn Melanie Avery.

She loved her family with everything she had. Lavender, her eldest daughter. Jack-Corbyn, her oldest son. Naia and Lani, the twins. And Asher, the youngest. Not to mention Jack, the man she lived for. He'd stolen her heart from the first time they met. After all their time together, Jack had given her everything she could've ever hoped for. Camryn had gone to college, toured, and lived. But, she had her problems.

Her ex had beaten her, raped her, and then forced a miscarriage. He'd gotten her hooked on drugs and shown her what hell on earth was. Jackson attacked her while she pregnant with Lavender, almost harming one of the most precious things in her world. Then he kidnapped her, abused her, and almost killed her. She also had health issues that caused daily problems.

After everything Jack and Camryn went through, the one thing they had was one another.

---

"Muérdeme," 

Bite me.

Jack shot back to Sydnie, having become fluent in Spanish over the years. Camryn always wanted the kids to be bilingual, but somehow they've also ended up able to use sign language. She'd also taught most of their friends and family with the help of Gabbie. He loved it just as much as she did, being able to communicate with others.

"Now now, be nice." Camryn grinned from across the table, passing a bowl of mashed potatoes down the line. This dinner consisted of the entire Avery Family, siblings and parents, and then the Besson family. "I didn't teach you Spanish so you could attack your siblings," Isla laughed, piling food on her plate. Almost every adult had a glass of wine in front of them, apart from Isla and Ashley. Both girls were pregnant. The only difference was that Ashley was married and Isla was going to be a single parent. 

Jack and Camryn had instantly offered her the basement of their house, which she eventually took. 

"Isla," She looked up from her plate with a green complexion, Camryn instantly shoving a trash can under her nose. Just like Camryn had, it seemed that Isla got extremely severe morning sickness that lasted all day. "I'll grab you a sprite," Camryn pushed Jack down in his seat when he got up to get it, pecking him on the cheek. Jack loved how close Camryn was with his family, his mother smiling fondly when she returned.

"Thank you for everything you do, Camryn." Kristin, who was increasingly grey-haired, squeezed her hand. "Truly," Camryn flushed, giving Isla her soda and crackers. She sat back down beside Jack, her husband sending Asher a look when he was caught playing with his food. "This meal is great, honey." Saskia murmured her agreement, commending her daughter.