Ready

"Okay, our flight leaves in- what're you wearing?" Jack did a double-take of his girlfriend, looking up from his phone with wide eyes. He then scowled at the thought of anyone else seeing her in that outfit. A pair of high waisted ripped khaki jeans, a black bralette, and a black cropped sweatshirt that showed her chest. She had a pair of checkered Vans on her feet and silver hoops in her ears, wheeling her luggage behind her.

"Uh, clothes?" Camryn frowned self-consciously, looking down at herself. "I thought it looked nice," Her voice had gotten considerably quieter, walking over to glance in the mirror. Jack winced when he realized the way it sounded and made his way over to her. Placing a hand on her cheek, he pulled her to face him.

"You look gorgeous. It's just that I won't be the only one thinking that." She smirked knowingly at him. Jack had a strong tendency to get jealous, as did Camryn, but it made for some of the best makeup sex. They always found it hot when the other was taken over by the green-eyed monster. "So, maybe you should change."

"Hmm, let me think... No." Patting his cheek, Camryn but her bag in the car and climbed into the driver's seat. Jack was in the passenger seat within five seconds flat, anger radiating off him. She pulled out of the drive before he could take the keys from the ignition. "What time was our flight, again?" They both knew she was teasing him, and that only angered him more.

It was a silent ride, Jack pouting in the passenger seat while Camryn enjoyed the summer breeze. She flipped the radio station over and over until it landed on Grease Lightning. Jack watched her face fall, his anger momentarily subsiding in place of sympathy. "He loves you, baby girl." Camryn glanced over at Jack, a small sad smile on her lips when he intertwined their hands. "Plus, I'm gonna be there the whole time." The smile faded from Camryn's lips, squeezing his hand once before returning hers to the wheel. 

"Yeah, yeah you are."

Just not as my boyfriend.

---

JackAvery |

JackAvery |

She got bored, so I let her braid my hair. Is it weird that I like it?

Tagged: @Camryns.The.Besson | Liked by @ZachHerron and 1, 212, 734 others

- Comments -

Camryns.The.Besson That was surprisingly fun.

- 789 Replies -

TatsByEl @Camryns.The.Besson Please tell me you're gonna give him a tattoo next so I can take credit for being a masterful teacher

- 123 Replies

ZachHerron Yes, yes it is.

Camryns.The.Besson @ZachHerron Looks like you get a time out when I get back, son.

JackAvery @ZachHerron @Camryns.The.Besson Child, listen to your mother.

- 958 Replies -

CorbynBesson Can't wait to see you guys. Lovin' the look, bro.

- 699 Replies -

JoeyKingMe Me next!

- 435 Replies -

BaileeMads Fight me, Joey. I'm next.

- 657 Replies -

DanielSeavey Well damn, now I gotta grow my hair out.

Camryns.The.Besson @DanielSeavey Or you could just let me color it.

- 879 Replies -

AshBesson Dude, you should go platinum @DanielSeavey

- 475 Replies -

---

Camryn and Jack had stopped in New York for a night, giving them time to refill their suitcases. They'd cleaned the apartment, taken all the perishable food out, and gotten a nights rest. The next morning they took showers and got dressed, Jack in a pair of jeans, sneakers, a tank, and a red hoodie. 

She, on the other hand, had taken a little longer to decide. High waisted jeans, blue vans, white tank top, and lastly, the sweatshirt Jack had gotten her last month. Bringing her hair up into a bun, she did her eyeshadow in purple to contrast her green eyes and smeared a pink lipstick on. Finally, after she fastened a choker around her neck and snatched her purse, she rode the elevator down to the garage where he was waiting.

 Jack had slowly started to get more distant as they got closer to LA, and Camryn wished she was surprised. She knew that by the time they touched down in Cali that it'd be like the past week hadn't happened. He was afraid of what everyone would think, his friends, his fans, Corbyn. So he let that rule his heart. Camryn knew deep down that was what was going to happen when she got back together with him. She just wished it didn't hurt as much as it did when she proved herself right. 

He looked up from his phone, barely excepting the kiss she gave. Grabbing their bags, Jack loaded them into the car Rowan would be swinging by the airport to bring back later. Normally he would open the car door for her, but this time he simply got in the driver's seat. Camryn took a deep breath, shoved her emotions into the pit of her stomach, and climbed into the passenger seat. 

Putting her seatbelt on seemed to take an eternity, yet it was over in a blink. She rested her hand in the center in hopes that he would grab it, easing all of her worries. But instead, he politely asked her to move it so he could put the car in drive, something he could've done anyways. Jack turned to her with an overly cheerful smile, something she wasn't feeling. "You ready?"

For you to pretend you just see me as a sister? That you only went with me as a friend? So that when one of the guys tries to set you up with Gabbie or someone else you go without hesitation? So I can pretend I don't smell the perfume on you when you come home that night or I don't see your messy hair? Or, better yet, for you to try and get me to sneak around? You tell me you love me, and then the next morning after you've slept with me you pretend I'm nothing to you? But what I wonder is if I actually am nothing to you? Because this time, this time will be the last time I allow you to hurt me?

 No, I'm not ready.

"Yeah, I'm ready."