Say What Now

Camryns

Camryns.The.Besson |

Ah yes, the face of a girl about to share some big news. 

Watch the interview I did with @WhyDontWeMusic right now! Link in my bio.

(Looking for Christmas gift ideas? This pillow)

Tagged: @WhyDontWeMusic and 7 others | Liked by @BeautyChickee and 2,384,294 others

- Comments Disabled -

---

A black lace long-sleeved dress with a silver beaded belt around the middle, matching heels with the same beads on the straps, Camryn had kept her outfit classy yet sassy for the interview. Her perm waved nicely down her back, serving as a painful reminder, bold red lip and simple smokey eye completing her look. The boys were already there but she was set to arrive a few minutes later since she wasn't going to be present for their entire interview. 

"Damn, boo. You lookin' fine," Joey winked at Camryn, driving her to the interview. "I try," She hadn't talked about yesterday with anyone, instead opting for plastering a fake smile on her lips to pretend like everything was great. Camryn held a blue edition Redbull in her hands when Joey dropped her off, her favorite. "Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow."

Camryn was directed to a small sitting area where she could watch the boys. Her heart stung at the sight of Jack, his curls under a green hat. He looked exhausted, dark circles under his eyes, and a blue edition Redbull in his grasp. Camryn was the one who introduced those to him. It was like he could feel her from across the room, glancing up to connect eyes. They stared each other down, pain reflecting in either pair of eyes.

"Jack," He snapped back into reality, Zach slapping him in the side. "He asked you a question, dude." Jack apologized with a red face, everyone laughing at him. The interviewer repeated himself and quickly received an answer.

"It's okay, we actually have to interrupt anyways because we have someone joining us! Come on out, Camryn!" 

Camryn walked up to the five boys, debating where to sit. Corbyn shoved Jack over playfully, Zach pulling him closer. She swallowed thickly and sat in between her brother and her... ex? She wasn't quite sure what they were. One thing she was sure of was that it was really freaking awkward for the two of them, not so much for her delightfully clueless brother.

"So Camryn, you released your own album recently? What was the inspiration behind it?"

"Yeah! EVOlution was based on a relationship I'd had. It was my first real love and my first heartbreak."

"I didn't know it was based on experience," Corbyn chimed in, Camryn simply nodding. "Yeah, it's not something that's particularly fun to talk about, bean." She joked fakely, elbowing him playfully. Jack had suddenly found his hands fascinating. 

"Do you plan on doing any concerts soon?" 

Camryn bit her lip roughly, knowing the question was asked for a reason. Her manager had arranged for this to be the place she told the news. The big surprise that'd been sprung on her within twenty-four hours. She was all too eager to say yes to it.

"Actually, I'm in talks with my manager about doing a tour."

Corbyn glanced at his sister, a secretive smile forming on his lips. He giddily looked over at Zach, the two opening their mouths. "Good, we talked to your manager, and we want you to join our tour," Camryn dropped her jaw, Jack dropped his empty Redbull, Jonah dropped his phone, and Daniel dropped his apple juice box. 

"Say what now?"

---

The interview had gone surprisingly smoothly after that since four of the six people there were too surprised to speak a whole lot. She'd sang at the end like planned, and it went on without a hitch. Their families were moving in in two days to the apartment complex a few blocks away. A lot was going on all at once, and Camryn started planning for the party as soon as she got home. 

"Need some help?" Daniel sat a juice box down in front of her, joining Camryn at the table. She smiled amusedly, taking the juice box. "Like you wouldn't believe. It'd be great if you could call the caterer and order everything on this list." Camryn smiled cheekily, pointing at a phone number on her notebook. Daniel sighed jokingly, dialing the number and walking into the backyard for silence since she had music playing. 

Camryn ached from sitting still for too long so she stood from her seat, cracking her bones. Shakira's 'Hips Don't Lie' started through her speakers, moving her body before she could think. Her hips swerved in rhythm, singing both English and Spanish. She'd minored in Spanish at Julliard. Spinning, Camryn stopped dancing as soon as she saw someone watching her.

"Uh, sorry I just needed a minute to-" Jack waved off her explanation off, moving closer and closer to her. "I know how you get with Shakira," Camryn laughed, nodding in agreeance. "Can we talk? It's just us," She stopped laughing, knowing Daniel was the only other person home. The duo walked into the living room, sitting down on the couch. 

"I just don't know if I'm ready." Camryn listened intently, pulling her knees to her chest. His words sent an ache to her chest, only confirming her fears. "Ready for people to know or ready to not see other girls?" Jack was silent, Camryn nodding her head violently as she stood. "Yeah, that's what I thought." 

She crossed the room and walked right out the sliding door, Daniel sitting in a chair with his guitar. Camryn sat next to him, the boy allowing her to cry while he played. He knew better than to ask what happened since Jack was the only other person home. The company was all she needed at the moment, and he was completely perfect.