I'm Done

"She won't really tell me what's wrong," Jack and Corbyn watched Camryn from afar. She used a pair of crutches do to her broken leg, limping her way around the kitchen. "It's like she's here but she's not," Camryn spoke to her children and plastered on a fake smile ever since she'd gotten home. She played with them to the best of her abilities and cooked. But when you weren't looking, her mask would drop.

Jack just didn't realize that he'd been doing the exact same thing.

He hated himself for letting anything happen to Camryn. On their wedding day, he swore to himself that he'd do anything and everything he could to protect her. Jack still couldn't stand to look at Camryn, it killed him. To see every scar and faded bruise on her body, he hadn't even looked when they showered together at the hospital. But he also didn't know was the fact he didn't look only made her feel bad about herself.

"Lavvy, how's school been?" Camryn felt like she was starting all over again with her children. She hated it, losing that month over her ex-boyfriend. Lavender was the only one who knew some of what had happened. Camryn never wanted her to know, but to shield her from her past for as long as possible. She'd searched her mother online only to find everything Jackson had done, including leaking Camryn's drug and party history. "And Alison?"

"It's been great, Mom. Ali and I had a sleepover while you were in the hospital," Alison was Lavender's best friend, besides Elijah. An adorable little redhead with pale skin, freckles, and a love for the color green. "Naia's getting better at swimming," Having to learn about her children from her children caused an ache in Camryn's chest. Lavender was strong, taking over the role of 'mom' while she'd been in the hospital.

"That's amazing, sweetie." Camryn went around to each child, asking them what she'd missed. Apart from Asher, obviously. "Come here, honey." Swooping Asher into her arms, Camryn pushed his brown bangs from his face. She'd spent an entire month thinking about her family with no way to voice her thoughts. That torture was almost worse than what Jackson had put her through.

Almost.

"You need a haircut, little man." Lani, Jack, and Corbyn followed Camryn downstairs to the salon area. Sitting Asher in a booster seat, she sent Jack and Corbyn a confused look. "What's wrong? Do you guys want haircuts or?" Camryn went about her business, wrapping a smock around Asher and wetting his bangs. 

"No, uh, we're just-"

"Hovering?" Camryn raised an unimpressed brow, carefully trimming Asher's hair. The boys shared a quick glare, looking down at his feet. "That's what I thought," She chuckled, finishing up with her son's haircut. Pecking his forehead, she steered Asher back out of the room and into the play area. "Bean, sit down." Pointing to the salon chair, Camryn crossed the room so she could grab an adult cape. "Now,"

Corbyn did as he was told, coughed when the cape 'accidentally' choked him. "You're next, Jack." Her brother had let his hair grow unruly during the time she was in the hospital, as had Jack. "How short? The same as always?" Camryn questioned, waiting for his okay to start snipping. 

Jack watched everything she did, analyzing every movement. All bruises had faded to a pale yellowish-brown color, a boot on her leg. Most of the time she never used a crutch, simply dragging her way down or up the stairs. Her ribs were still wrapped up, as was her knee, shoulder, and hip. Camryn's bottom lip was still busted, but other than that most damages were internal.

"Jack? It's your turn," Camryn waited patiently for Jack, pointing to the abandoned seat. Corbyn took the kids upstairs, leaving the married couple to themselves. "I missed your curls," She sighed, running her fingers through the heap. A small smile made its way onto her lips, Jack watching her in the mirror. His eyes caught the stitches on her stomach when she moved, instantly looking away. 

She caught what happened, her face falling into a guard of stone. "Can you make this go a little faster?" Jack tapped the counter in front of him, getting a quiet scoff from Camryn. An angry, sad, and painful knot tied itself in the pit of her stomach. He kept his eyes on the floor, not speaking until her hands stilled. "You done?" Camryn raised her head to make eye contact with Jack, clenching her fists so tightly that her knuckles turned white.

"Yeah, Jack. I'm done,"

---

CorbynBesson |

CorbynBesson |

She gives the freshest cuts

Tagged: @WizardsOfAveryPlace & @JackAvery | Liked by @BeautyChickee and 2,192,372 others

- Comments Disabled -

---

"I'm, uh, gonna go take a shower before bed." 

It was like speaking to a brick wall. Camryn was standing beside the bed, Jack under the covers with his eyes glued to the tv. She clenched her jaw, trying to keep any and all tears at bay. After managing to grab a new set of clothing from her dresser, Camryn locked the bathroom door behind her. It wasn't until she'd turned the shower on and placed her clothes on the counter that she allowed herself to break. 

Camryn crumbled into a heap on the tile like a stale cracker. Saltwater pooled beneath her head as she laid on her side, one arm out in front of her and the other crossed over it. She dragged her knees up to her chest, hearing Jackson's words echo over and over in her head until they were tattooed on Camryn's brain.

"I'm surprised you even have a husband looking like that,"

"You're still the weak little bitch,"

"Always dressed like a little slut,"

"Pathetic little whore,"

"Who would want to look at you?"

"Ugly, hideous..."

"The only good thing about you is your long hair,"

"He probably sleeps around on you constantly, I know I did."

"Die,"

Believe her, she wanted to.