Everywhere

"No way."

Jack and Camryn stared at each other, their words chanted in sync. Roses. Their mystery tattoos ended up being roses. Jacks was on his left forearm and eerily similar to Camryn's on her finger. It held meaning to both of them, the exact same meaning. On their first date, Jack had given her a dozen red roses before they went to see Beauty And The Beast. After that night roses had become their thing and had always planned on getting a tattoo but they'd never told one another.

"This should be fun to explain." They took one look at each other and burst out in laughter, falling onto the leather couches. Camryn glanced over at Jack, tossing him the remote. "So, I know I haven't been the best hostess or tour guide, but I was thinking tomorrow we could change that?" Jack took in every inch of Camryn's face, nodding.

"Yeah, let's change a couple of things."

---

Black chunky wedges, a matching high-waisted skater skirt, and a light blue collared shirt rolled up to her elbows that was tucked inside her waistband simply started her outfit. A black leather backpack was used in place of a purse, matching cat-eye sunglasses perched on her head. She had simple makeup on and left her hair in its natural waves, walking into the living room with a smile on her face.

"Woah," Jack watched Camryn with a dropped jaw, eyes lingering on her bare legs. She smirked when his eyes snapped up, face reddening with the knowledge that she'd caught him. Camryn laughed, walking past him into the elevator, Jack shutting the door once he'd joined. "So, where we going, princess?" She smiled at him, dazzling his sight all over again.

"With you? Everywhere."

JackAvery |

JackAvery |

Everywhere with you.

Tagged: @Camryns.The.Besson | Liked by @JonahMarais and 2,123,764 others

- Comments Disabled -

---

The duo sat on Camryn's rooftop, watching the sunset from a blanket next to a wooden picnic table with music playing from a speaker atop of it. They'd gone shopping, for groceries and anything else alike, then they went on a walk through Strawberry Fields. After all that, Camryn had cooked a spaghetti dinner and brought him onto the roof to eat. Both of them wanted to stretch out the experiences for as long as possible and that wouldn't be hard with how big New York was.

"I can see why you love it here," Camryn turned to look at Jack from where her head rested on a fluffy body pillow, his head next to hers. "The stars, the lights, the sounds, everything about it." Her eyes lit up as she watched him fall in love with something she cared so deeply about, smiling brightly as he turned to her. She watched as a lightbulb went off in Jack's head, pushing off the ground and holding a hand out to her. Camryn allowed him to yank her from the ground, his surprising strength causing her to stumble into his chest.

As if fate allowed it, one of their songs came on at that moment, 'Strawberries and Cigarettes' by Troye Sivan. Jack looked down at Camryn, a smile on his lips at the close proximity. "May I have this dance, Princess?" A little giddy from the champagne, Camryn giggled and placed a hand on his shoulder. Her nerves went on a rampage when his hand rested on her bare waist, her sweatpants having fallen down and t-shirt rode up. He must've felt it too for he sucked in a breath, starting to sway them back and forth with the beat.

But then he sang.

It was her weakness, his voice. When he sang to her it always had her melting into a puddle, its why she loved it when they'd duet. Sometimes one of them would sing and the other would play an instrument or they both would to each, but it was always a memorable experience.

And even if I run away

Give my heart a holiday

Still strawberries and cigarettes, always taste like you

You always leave me wanting more

I can't shake my hunger for

Strawberries and cigarettes, always taste like you

Yeah, they always taste like you

You

Long night, daydreams

With that sugar and smoke rings

Always taste like you

Headlights, on me, racing to 60

I've been a fool

But strawberries and cigarettes, always taste like

Blue eye, black jeans, lighters, and candy

Oh, I've been a fool

But strawberries and cigarettes, always taste like you

They finished the last verse together in a whisper, eyes lingering on lips. A slow song also played next, not breaking their daze as they danced with their arms around one another. Camryn's hands found themselves winding in the curls at the nape of Jack's neck, the boy swallowing thickly. "Why?" Jack furrowed his brows, tilting his head in confusion. "Why didn't you meet me that night?"

He didn't know why, but he didn't expect her to bring it up. Jack knew it'd come up eventually but he just figured it'd be somewhere far down the line after they were engaged. So his face froze when she asked him the dreaded question, now noticing the tears pooling in her eyes. He opened his mouth to respond but he'd waited too long, Camryn pulling away and plastering on a fake smile. 

"I think I'm just gonna clean this all up and go to bed," Jack dried to get her attention but she kept grabbing blankets and plates, eventually giving in to help instead. Camryn quietly held in all her emotions successfully for an hour before sneaking into the bathroom while Jack watched tv on the couch. Turning on the shower to muffle her cries, she allowed herself to cry for thirty minutes before re-emerging in fuzzy pajamas and crawling into bed. Jack, who joined her a few minutes later, took notice of how her hair wasn't wet or how he hadn't heard a hairdryer. 

So he started in on a plan.