217. Part III: Road to the village

"Seriously?" The child king of the Aeolian asked Oisin.

"I mean no disrespect, your Majesty." The High General of the Forest clan began to say. "But, please, stop being a brat! People from every corner of Adamah would be luck enough to have such bounty as what we have right now. You have been raised inside your golden palace and I don't think you ever witnessed how our people, majority of our people, are starving. Not the hunger that we are experiencing now, not really. I mean real hunger that our people are suffering and dying from"

The child king of the Aeolian clan remained silent as he ate. Tears were falling from his eyes as he realized what the High General of the Forest clan had said.

Everything that Oisin had said was true. Starvation in Adamah was like an epidemic spreading throughout their world. He knew the problem existed but never really experienced it first-hand. He knew that he had lived a sheltered life. And, perhaps, this journey would help him really appreciate things that mattered. And in the processed, he was hoping he would mature as a king with compassion, understanding and wisdom.

The simple desire to explore their new surroundings was proving to be somewhat educational that Henry had bargained for. He was slowly learning things that he would not never get to experience if he stayed in his castle in the sky.

"Look, Henry." The High General of the Forest clan began to say. "I apologized for being harsh. Please, forgive me."

Oisin stood up from the ground and began to move away from Henry. "I'll get us some water to drink. I'll be right back."

"Look, Oisin." Henry said. "It is I who should apologize to you for being brat and all. You are right, we are truly blessed to have such bounty to eat now. I'm sorry."

"Nah, all is forgotten." Oisin replied. "Oh, one more thing Henry."

"What is it?"

"Try to stay awake this time. We do not know what we may encounter in this forest."

--- end of chapter ---