261. Part IV: Servants

It was the day after the meteors entered Earth when Gaelic came near the village. The sun was gone. The rain was pouring hard, wind was blowing crazy and the ground was shaking like there was no tomorrow.

"What the fuck is happening?" Gaelic said as he tried to not lose his balance. "Is this fucking world on the brink of extinction?"

For quite some time the ground continued to quake. Then, it stopped, however, the water falling from the sky and wild wind did not stopped.

He walked straight towards the village cautiously. And, when he was about half of mile away from the boundary of the village, he saw the check point. How could he miss it? There were lights all over the street, big huge lights like in the ones in a stadium but smaller in dimension, but, do not fall short to brighten a very dark place like the road in the middle of nowhere.

From where he stood, he could also see soldiers barricading the border of the village.

Gaelic paused. He looked around and tried to assess how he could get passed the military cordon.

It seemed that only way into the village that Gaelic could find was through the woods. Then, the revving of some vehicles was fast approaching. Immediately, Gaelic ran to the woods and hid. He waited for the military entourage to go by, but it did not. Instead, the military troops stopped some few yards from where he was, and soldiers began to run into the woods.

Once all the soldiers were in the woods, he made his moved and ran into a different direction. He needed to act fast. He could barely feel the presence of the Kentauros that he was looking for. He ran fast and faster that his two feet could take him.

After he reached the clearing, he followed the signature energy of the Kentauro and led him to a cottage which door was flung open.

--- end of chapter ---