224. Part V: Cross path

"Thanks, we guess." The guy in the green hoodie confusedly said to the elderly man with silvery hair.

"Why did you help us?" The guy wearing an indigo hoodie asked.

"Let us just say that at one point in my life, a stranger was kind enough to give me refuge when I needed it the most." The elderly man with silvery hair began to say. "Besides, those military men are such a bunch of dicks. They rode into my village in the middle of the night and rounded up all the folks in this village threating us like we are some kind of criminals. They keep on interrogating us about what happened last night."

"What exactly happened last night?" The guy wearing a green hoodie innocently asked.

"Boys, there are some planks, a hammer and nails over there." The elderly man with silvery hair said. "Help me cover that broken window and will continue our conversation after that."

The guy wearing a green hoodie did as the elderly man with silvery hair had requested.

Meantime, the elderly man with silvery hair checked the copper tea pot and poured the tea leaves.

"Oh, you in the indigo hoodie, could you be so kind and close all the curtains."

The guy wearing an indigo hoodie followed as he was instructed.

Once the broken window was covered and the shards were cleaned off the floor, the elderly man with silvery hair asked them to take seat by the dinner table.

"You boys must hungry." The elderly man with silvery hair continued to make conversation. He placed two plates on table with meatloaf, mash potatoes and bread.

"This is mighty kind of you." The guy wearing an indigo hoodie said.

"Like I said, I was on run once and someone was kind enough to give me refuged when I needed the most. In fact, that man, saved my life literally. So, rest your minds at ease, boys. After you have eaten and had tea, you are free to go, if that's what you want."

--- end of chapter ---