236. Part III: Run over

The prince of the Phoenix clan knew that he had only one chance to execute his plan.

The water became more turbulent and the noise was deafening, Helios was doing all he could to keep his balance and stay afloat. The vine cocoon that he was riding slowly began to spin clockwise. Yet, through it all, he managed not to fall over.

He was fast approaching the tree branch and luckily, when it did, he was facing forward.

"You have one shot at this."

After saying that he bent his knee a bit as he raised his arms. The time had come as he was about to pass the tree branch. He knew he had a few seconds or less to jump out of the vine cocoon he was standing on and hook his arms on the tree branch.

"HERE GOES NOTHING!" He yelled and jumped out of the vine cocoon.

"AHHHH!!!" He screamed out loud.

He was panting and felt that his heart almost burst in his chest.

"YES!!!" He triumphantly yelled.

The prince of the Phoenix clan was dangling on a tree branch. Perspiration gathered on his forehead as he continued to hang on the tree branch for his dear life.

Inched by inched, he moved his way on the tree branch towards inland. He was like hopping except his arms were doing the bouncing as the vine tied around his hands and wrist which served as his lifeline.

A quarter of an hour had passed, and the prince of the Phoenix clan had successfully reached halfway through the tree branch. However, he began hearing cracking sound. When he looked up the tree branch was starting to break.

He held his breath. He tried to stop himself from shaking too much. Then, the tree branch completely cracked.

"AHHHH!!!"

--- end of chapter ---