289. Part XVII: To gather moon dust

"NOOOOO!!!" The Star Child madly screamed as Helios continued to blaze in mid-air.

"EZIN DUZU ERABAKI. EGUNEAN, ZURE ESENTZIA KONTSUMITZEN DUT ETA GUSTATZEN ZUTEN MAITASUNAK HILTZEN DUTEN ASKO!
(YOU CANNOT HOLD ME FOREVER. ONE DAY, I WILL CONSUME YOUR ESSENCE AND I WILL MAKE YOU WATCH AS I SLOWLY KILL THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE!)

"EZ DAGO PASATUKO. ERABAKI NAHI DUT, HEMEN ETA ORAIN!"
(THAT SHALL NOT COME TO PASS. FOR I WILL DESTROY YOU, HERE AND NOW!)

"ZEHATU NAHI ETA ZUK ZURE BILA!"
(DESTROY ME AND YOU DESTROY YOURSELF!)

The flames surrounding Helios doubled in size.

"HORI NAHI DU!"
(THAT'S IT DESTROY ME!)

The Star Child laughed menacingly.

"GELDITU, HELIOS!"
(STOP, HELIOS!)

The prince of the Vatr clan cried out.

"MESEDEZ!"
(PLEASE!)

"EZ DITUZU STAR HAURREN HEMENETAN HARTU!"
("DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE STAR CHILD'S TEMPTATION!")

The High General of the Forest clan pleaded.

"ZUEN AURREKATU BEHAR DUZU, HAUR STARRA DOAKOA ESZEN DA DOAKO!"
("IF YOU DESTROY YOURSELF, THE STAR CHILD WILL BE FREE TO CONSUME YOUR ESSENCE!")

"ISILTASUNA!"
(SILENCE!)

The Star Child said.

"EZ AHAL IZAN! EZ DITUZU GURE ARDURATU KONTATU!"
("DO NOT GIVE IN! DON'T LET YOURSELF BE CONSUMED BY HATE!")

The child king of the Aeolian appealed to the prince of the Phoenix clan.

Suddenly the periapt that Helios was wearing on his left wrist shone brighter than the flames that surrounded his body.

"NOOOOO!" The Star Child screamed loudly.

The light that was coming from the ornament band began to enveloped Helios' entire body and the flames that surround the prince of the Phoenix clan began to wane until it was extinguished completely.

Helios remained suspended in mid-air. He was unconscious and everything quiet down.

"What is happening to Helios?!" The prince of the Vatr clan asked his companions.

"I think, the periapt saved Helios from the Star Child and from destroying himself." The Grand Magus of the Aeolian theorized.

--- end of chapter ---