349. Part XX: Ally or foe

"What just like the mark in your arm?" The Grand Magus of the Aeolian accused the Kentauros.

"What?!" Grime Hullo was angered by the allegation. "No! Definitely not this mark."

Everyone except Rahel looked suspiciously at the Kentauros.

"Come on," Grime Hullo said defensively. "This mark is the mark of the Argiaren zaindaria."

"What Argiaren zaindaria?" The High General of the Forest clan. "I never heard of such a thing."

"Of course, you haven't. None of you have." Grime Hullo replied. "In fact, you even thought that us, Kentauros, do not even exist until recently, am I right?"

The High General of the Forest clan as well as the rest of the boys remained silent.

"That's what I thought." Grime Hullo mocked. "So, please before you," He said to the High General of the Forest clan, "or anyone of here start throwing accusations at me, you all better hear me out first." He said to the rest of the boys.

Everyone just looked at him, but no one dared questioned him.

"Good." Grime Hullo said. "Now, does any you know the story of Adamah?"

"You mean the fairy tale that mothers tell their children at bedtime?" The prince of the Phoenix clan asked.

"Exactly." Grime Hullo replied.

"Everything was in total darkness until He came. From the drop of his of blood—the land, the sky and the sea came to be, and vegetation and animals soon followed. With His hands He took a clay and formed the primordial beings—the Kentauros."

"I'll be damn!" Grime Hullo whistled due amazement. "You sure know your history."

"History?!" The High General of the Forest clan was trying to correct Grime Hullo.

Grime Hullo immediately disregarded his clothes and then, he held the cylinder made of glass with gold framing which was chained to a gold necklace around his neck. Once, he held it, a bright light enveloped him, and he transformed into his true form—a half man half steed.

"And, yet, the fairy tale is real." Grime Hullo said. "And so am I."

--- end of chapter ---