369. Part III: Cast shadows

"Look," The prince of the Phoenix clan sighed. "I don't know anything anymore. All the things that we've learned today are all new to me. It is like a big puzzle that we have to piece together as we stumble on the information we have."

"But that you didn't answer my question," The prince of the Vatr clan stood and walked a step or two away from the prince of the Phoenix clan. "Do you believe the Kentauros? Do you believe that my brother is evil?"

The prince of the Phoenix clan got off from the floor and walked behind the prince of Vatr clan. He then wrapped his arms around North before he spoke.

"I believe that the Kentauros is telling the truth about the marking. What could be his motive for lying about the mark? He did not know that you brother has the mark. Now, whatever it means, whether your brother is truly a beholden of the Star Child or not, that I cannot answer. Do I believe that he is evil? I cannot make that assumption. However, dismissing the possibility is dangerous as well."

The prince of the Vatr clan tried to remove the prince of Phoenix clan's arms around him out of frustration, but Helios held him tightly.

"Let go of me." The prince of the Vatr clan said in low and sad tone.

"No." The prince of the Phoenix clan said gently. "I won't let you go. I know you are very confused and have conflicting emotions right now. Please let me be with you, be by your side, tonight."

The prince of the Vatr clan stopped struggling to get away from the prince of the Phoenix clan.

"At this point, we can only hope to find out the truth." Helios continued to say. "Until, we do, we have to be vigilant and keep an open mind about things and be not hasty with our decisions and actions."

--- end of chapter ---