359. Part XXX: Ally or foe

"You are a prince," The child king of the Aeolian clan addressed the prince of the Vatr clan. "The duty of a royalty is to its people and its people alone. We must protect our people no matter what the costs. Why can't you understand that?!"

"There has to be another," The prince of the Vatr clan pleaded.

North was going to keep on talking when Helios grabbed him by the shoulder. The prince of the Vatr clan looked at his beloved prince and when their eyes met, he understood what the prince of the Phoenix clan wanted to convey to him.

"I, too, hoped there is another way," The prince of the Phoenix clan finally spoke. "But the truth is what it is, we are clueless how we can separate the Star Child from my being until he (Helios looked at Rahel) shared his knowledge to us."

The prince of the Phoenix clan paused.

"It is also true what the High General of Forest clan had said. I don't know how longer I can keep the Star Child at bay. I fear that even this periapt's magic (Helios showed everyone his ornamental band) will not be enough to help me keep the Star Child at bay. He is growing stronger by the day. I can feel it deep inside me. I can feel the darkness inside of me and I don't know how longer I could go on fighting before I succumb to him."

The prince of the Phoenix clan looked at Rahel.

"And, if you think this ritual could help us, I am willing to give it a try."

Everyone in the room kept silence for a moment until the fairy Rahel spoke.

"So, as I was saying, the transference ritual." He began to say. "We will need to use the ancient dark magic."

--- end of chapter ---