223. Part IV: Cross path

The elderly man with silvery hair turned around and when he did, his guests suddenly disappeared. The knocking at his door became incessant and he walked towards it. When he opened it, a soldier was at his doorstep.

"Sir," The soldier began to say. "We are looking for two young men. They are possibly dangerous. Have you seen them?"

The soldier said as he showed the elderly man with silvery hair the photos of the High General of the Forest clan and the child king of the Aeolian clan.

"Nope." The elderly man with silvery hair replied.

"Are you sure, sir?" The soldier asked.

"Definitely." The elderly man with silvery hair replied "If there is nothing else. I need to clean up this mess brought about this weird weather."

The soldier looked over the elderly man with silvery hair's shoulder and surveyed the place with his eyes. He, then, looked at the floor and found shards of broken glass on the floor soaking in rainwater.

"If you see them, sir." The soldier began to say.

"I will alert the military right away."

The soldier looked at the elderly man with silvery hair in the eyes one more time before he bade him goodbye.

"Good night, sir." The soldier said.

"Good night to you, too, considering." The elderly man with silvery hair replied.

"And, oh, one more thing. I suggest to you lock your door and covered that window."

After saying that, the soldier climbed on the jeep and drove away.

The elderly man with silvery hair waited a bit before he closed the door. He wanted to make sure that the soldier had drove off a safe distance.

"Boys?" The elderly man with silvery hair began to say. "It is okay. It's safe to come out now."

The guy wearing a green hoodie first came out of the room followed by a guy wearing an indigo hoodie.

--- end of chapter ---