225. Part VI: Cross path

"Eat up, boys." The elderly man with silvery hair said as he gave them utensils.

"Thanks." The young men both said in unison.

"By the way, you are a guest in my house, at least, I should now your name." The elderly man with silvery hair said. "I am Hugo Miller. I am the council leader of this village. Just call me Hugo."

The young men hesitated, and Hugo sensed that.

"Hey, if you don't want to tell me your names, that's fine." Hugo said as he turned off the stove.

"I'm Oisin."

"I'm Henry."

"We're cousins." Oisin continued to say. "As I said earlier, we came into this town hoping to find work."

"Well, boys, I must say you sure have lousy timing." Hugo said as he placed the drinking glasses on the table and poured in water.

"You said that the military had been interrogated you and the villagers since last night." Oisin asked. "Why is that?"

"Actually, I personally haven't had the foggiest idea why." Hugo said as he sat by the table between the child king of the Aeolian clan and the High General of the Forest clan.

"Like I said, they rode into the village in the middle of night and began rounding up folks. These are decent and peacefully folks. We are just a small farming and fishing community. I could not understand what they want from us, really."

"You said that they had been asking everyone about what happened last night?" Henry asked. "Exactly, what happened last night?"

"That's the weird part, actually. Yesterday, our village celebrated our yearly festival thanking the heaven for our prosperous bounty for the year that was. The celebration started in the afternoon until the evening. There was a fare with several little shops, music show and fireworks to end the celebration like we do every year and that's all. That's why it was bizarre that they kept asking us about meteors passing through our village."

--- end of chapter ---