315. Part XLIII: To gather moon dust

"You see, gathering moon dust is quite dangerous-for the ray of the moon, though harmless to all, is hazardous once the blast is concentrated. Our bodies, the fairies I mean, serves as conduit like how electricity flows through wires. Over time, it weakens our bodies and essence, and thus, mortality became a not-so foreign reality to us."

"So, your people stopped, right?"

"Some fairies did. But some of them continue to practice the ritual. The moonbeam though harmful to us, it has property that is highly addictive. In beginning, the practice was only as a way of necessity-survival. However, some fairies became enslaved by the power of the moonbeam and they performed it once a thousand year, then, it became once a hundred year, then, once a year until it became a monthly occurrence."

"And, you?" The child king of the Aeolian clan asked with concern.

"Our family participated in the ritual in the olden times. However, when my parents refused to perform the ritual after learning the truth, we were outcasted from our clan."

"So, you are no longer immortal."

"None of us is." Addy said. "The misuse of the power of moon dusts doomed us all."

"You said there is a fairy here in this world."

"Yes."

"How can you be certain?"

"The moon. It is emitting a powerful moonbeam now."

"Is he near us?" Henry asked. "I mean the fairy who is performing the ritual."

"No." The Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan replied. "I could not sense him only the moon's energy being blasted down to Earth."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

Addy remained silent and got up. "I need some time alone."

"But..."

"Please your majesty," The Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan said as he opened a portal and stepped right into it.

--- end of chapter ---