237. Part IV: Run over

"AHHHH!!!"

The prince of Phoenix clan screamed on top of his lungs.

What came after was the sound of Helios' body splashing into the river. Helios went under for a bit and then his head surfaced above the water. He was grasping for air and then he went under again. He came up again. It was then he realized that he was almost at the edge of the river.

With his wrist bound, he could not do anything and trying to swim upstream was impossible.

At that moment, he knew that had was screwed big time. He stopped resisting and went with the flow. He let himself be taken by the rapids. He was trying to reserve what strength he had left thinking perhaps as he was freefalling, he could find another way to save himself.

And, the inevitable happened, the prince of Phoenix clan was freefalling down the waterfall. His screams were drowned by the raging torrent.

Meanwhile, a vine cocoon in the swampy part of the forest cracked open and the Grand Magus of the Aeolian emerged. Unlike the prince of the Phoenix clan, his hands and wrists were not bound by the vines. However, his mouth was. He tried with all his might to remove the vines that was wrapped on his mouth, but he could not. He pulled and pulled still it would not come off.

He tried to perform an incantation, but the words were distorted as he could not move his mouth properly. He tried again but the outcome was still the same.

Suddenly, he heard a loud roar. This made him look around frantically. Instantly, he jumped out of the vine cocoon and plunged into the marshland. The wetland was knee deep. In fact, when he got of the vine cocoon, he lost his balance and plunged into the mud on his face.

--- end of chapter ---