243. Part X: Run over

Then, the Grand Magus felt the ground moved and heard whatever it was roared again. He panicked. He ran and as his fear heightened, his foot got caught on a rock which made him trip. He, instantly, fell on face and his right cheek was cut. It was not a deep cut or life-threatening cut, but it made him bled. His left knee got bruised as well.

The ground shook hard as he looked behind, the trees began breaking like dry twigs. He tried to get away by crawling but all of it was futile. The trees surrounding him was smashed and some debris fell on him.

Addy attempted to get up, but it was too late. Something unseen, a force was preventing him from getting up.

"LETTING ME GO!" He shouted out. However, he remained pinned down and his words were muffled.

He heard the roar again and it made his entire being shake with fear. At that moment, there was nothing he could do, and tears began to fall from his eyes.

Somehow, amidst his dehydrated state, the prince of the Vatr clan regained his consciousness.

Though, he was weak, he managed to pull his upper body off the sand and sit up. The heat was unbearable, and his throat was parched. He might be feeble, still, he attempted to break the vine rope off his hands and wrists.

He started to pick up himself and slowly stood. It took whatever strength he had just to be vertical. He groaned as his whole body ached. He felt like his skins was burning as the desert sun was at its peak.

North looked at the distant ahead and saw a pond in the middle of the desert. He began to step forward and moved towards the water puddle. He feebly ran towards it; however, it seemed the water source was moving away from his grasped.

--- end of chapter ---