354. Part XXV: Ally or foe

The prince of the Var clan looked into the eyes of prince of the Phoenix clan and he felt like he was drowning. He could feel how his chest tightened and how his heart was breaking. He could not believe that his brother would ever be beholden to the Star Child.

"There must be an explanation." The prince of the Vatr tried to rationalize everything.

"Are you alright?" The prince of the Phoenix clan asked worriedly.

However, the prince of the Vatr clan did not answered Helios. Instead, he began questioning the Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan and the Kentauros.

"Grand Magus, are you sure that it was my brother that you saw on the rooftop?"

"I am absolutely certain, it was him." The Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan replied.

The prince of the Vatr clan stared at Addy when the Grand Magus of the Aeolian clan spoke again. "However, there was something different about him."

"What do you mean?" The prince of the Vatr clan asked curiously.

"The power that was emanating from him was so overwhelming, sinister and dark even."

"I felt that too." Grime Hullo said. "That power and darkness is the same energy that I felt when Gaelic and I had dueled after he slaughtered my clan."

"These are nothing but lies!" The prince of Vatr clan was in denial. "How can I take your word that you are telling us the truth? We don't even know you!" North said at Grime Hullo.

"I don't expect you to believe us." The Kentauros replied. "And, I don't want to convince you either. The words of the Grand Magus as well as your acknowledgement that your brother has a marking exactly the same as the marking of the Star Child proves that I am telling you truth."

The prince of the Vatr clan had nothing further to say. He knew that evidences against his brother was right before him.

--- end of chapter ---