361. Part XXXII: Ally or foe

"I don't think it is worth sacrificing any life for the ritual." The prince of the Phoenix clan said.

"Do you now?" Rahel sarcastically answered. "Nothing in this life comes for free. Everything requires a sacrifice—the lives of the few to balance the scale to save the many."

"Still, asking innocent lives to be part of this." The prince of the Phoenix clan began say. "Isn't right."

"I lived for thousands of years," Grime Hullo said. "I have fought in many battles and there is nothing glorious about it no matter whose side becomes victorious. However, in time of war, no matter how hard you try to find the righteous path, there's no easy road to travel on. In the end, innocent lives will be lost, and we must learn to live with blood on our hands."

"But, how?" The prince of the Phoenix clan asked Grime Hullo. "How can we live with ourselves knowing that we are sacrificing innocent lives to justify our end goal?"

"You'll learn," The Kentauros said. "One day at time. One day at time."

Silence befell again in the room.

The wind outside the cave bellowed wildly. Unknown to the boys inside the cave, there was something ominous lurking in the forest approaching to where they were.

"What are the other items that you will require for the ritual?" The child king of the Aeolian clan asked the fairy.

"Besides from the nymphes, I need the Book of the Dead Language and the beholden."

"My brother?!" The prince of the Vatr clan asked.

"Well, him or my cousin." Grime Hullo said. "I don't know how to track your brother. But I know how to lure my murderous cousin here."

"How?" The High General of the Forest clan asked.

"We, Kentauros, could easily trace the signature energy of our own kind."

--- end of chapter ---