331. Part II: Ally or foe

Back inside the bastard prince of the Vatr clan's penthouse, Gaelic returned to his human form.

"What is the meaning of this?" The Kentauros yelled and struggled as he found his wrists chained to the wall as well as his ankles. "Let me go!" He screamed.

He tried with all his might to break free from the chains, however, he was laboring to do so. He tried summoning his Kentaurian strength, still, it was useless.

"It is futile to struggle. Your Kentaurian strength won't help you break free from my chains." He heard a very familiar voice. It was the bastard prince of the Vatr clan.

Thorn sauntered towards the Kentauros with his apprentice Sacha who walking behind him. He then sat on the chair facing his captive while Sacha stood behind the chair.

"What is the meaning of this, my Lord?" He asked in a more subdue tone. "What have done to gain this punishment?"

"Tell me Kentauros," The bastard prince of the Vatr clan began to speak in a calm yet stern manner. "What were you doing at Mosaic street?"

Gaelic chuckled. "Is this why you had me chained on this wall like some common felon, my Lord?"

"You speak as if you truly acknowledge me as your lord and master, and yet your actions convey otherwise." Thorn said. "I don't require you tell me your whereabouts every single time and I have given you freedom to do whatever you want to do, haven't I?"

"Yes, you have, my Lord. And, for your generosity, I am truly grateful." He said slyly.

"Are you, really?" The bastard prince of the Vatr clan said with his right brow raised. "Let me ask you, what is it that one thing that I asked not to do?"

"To go off on a quest without your permission." He said. "But my Lord, I had to for time was of the essence."

"REGARDLESS!" The bastard prince of the Vatr clan suddenly shouted. "I AM KEEPING YOU ALIVE NOT TO THINK BUT TO OBEY!" Thorn lashed out at the Kentauros.

--- end of chapter ---