193. Part I: Behind the Council of Regents

"As the portal was about to close, members of the Council of Regents led by Iollan teleported into the cave. They tried to stop the vortex from closing. Luckily, my periapt overpowered them."

"Did they saw you?" Oisin asked worriedly.

"I don't think so." Henry replied.

"Do you think they know?"

"About our collusion?"

"Yes."

"I don't worry about the Council of Regents finding out that we fled Adamah. I have full confidence with my cousin Luca and the king of the Phoenix clan, Nike would do everything in their powers to perturb the Council of Regents from discovering the truth."

"Be not fooled by the Council of Regents." Oisin forewarned Henry. "They are more cunning and powerful than what they led us all to believe."

"What?!" Henry was shocked. "But I ..."

"Defeated them?" Oisin interrupted. "Without no disrespect, your Majesty, but you only defeated a handful of them. Collectively, their powers are far more superior, almost impregnable even."

"When I ascended to the throne, I was endowed by all the powers of the Aeolian clan. You do know that, right?" Henry boasted. "I am sure I can handle them again when the time comes."

"I know the inheritance of a Legacy rising to the throne." Oisin responded. "But, the Council of Regents has the collective powers of each clans."

"WHAT?!"

"Shush." Oisin said as he placed his pointing finger against his lips. "Please walk with me, your Majesty."

Oisin and Henry walked towards the entryway of the cave.

"Look, your Majesty." Oisin pointed at the great sky. "What do you see?"

"The night sky filled with infinite number of stars." Henry replied.

"Think of it this way. The great sky is like the Council of Regents and the stars that illuminates the night are their collective powers." Oisin began to explain to the child king of the Aeolian clan.

"And, this mountain is you with all the Aeolian clan powers you have inherited. What do you think will happen if those stars fall down on this mountain at the same time?"

This made Henry fall into deep thoughts.

--- end of chapter ---